any tips for a newbie stick driver??

^^ no wonder no one likes you lol

I like Shane, not only is he funny but he is also right.

I learned to drive stick when I was 12 and I didn't even want to learn at the time. Its easier than 5th grade English which the OP doesn't look like he did real well in that class.

Last edited:
I like Shane, not only is he funny but he is also right.

I learned do drive stick when i was 12 and I didn't even want to learn at the time. Its easier than 5th grade english which the OP doesn't look like he did real well in that class.

lmao.

and x2 for shanes comment

Actually driving a stick well is the basis of all drift technique. There are actually only a few drift techniques that don't require good clutch control and a couple of the really basic ones (such as clutch kicking) require a good knowledge of your clutch workings to pull off with out burning clutches every few rounds. Heel toe is essential to all but the most basic drift techniques even e-brake drifts require a down shift from a long straight. Really the worse you are at drifting the more you need to know about your clutch. The point at which you only need weight shift to drift any turn is the point at which you stop needing to know clutch technique, cause the only drift technique that doesn't require a down shift before the corner is the high speed kansai drift and even there part of doing that drift is being able to gauge your speed going into the corner so that your just fast enough to cause a drastic shift of weight by lifting off, and yet not fast enough that sliding will send you into the weeds. Point being is that the basics of clutch usage is a big part of drifting just like math good drifting builds upon a good foundation. Which is why this thread belongs.

Yea, explanation is not needed for any of that......... OBVIOUSLY driving manual is part of drifting. So is pushing the gas and turning the wheel. Should we have write ups for those retards also? And using the brake? And headlights for when drifting at night and explain WHY to use them? Or should people know this information before hand? I think so. It's called using your brain and common sense.

i learned by ssslllowlyyyy letting the clutch out till you feel the car starting to move forward and when you feel that, give it gas and keep letting the clutch out and give more gas. i still stall sometimes tho, so not sure if its the right technique xD

`Sea-saw is the best representation I've ever seen. For years I've been trying to explain that. Great job!

Also, Thing about driving stick is: drive, drive, drive, and drive some more. Then all of a sudden, after stalling out, the "feel" will "CLICK" in your head. Then, you got it.

Back
Top Bottom