another KA problem...

ok well the car has just started doing this, i know its not running hott becuase the problem starts right when i turn it on. the engine will shake pretty bad and the rpms will bounce from like 300 to 1k and when i rev it to about 4k whenit bogs down it will get to 200 and almostt stall but go back to boucing around 700, when i drive it and downshift or slow down from eccelerating fast it will stall out(most of the time) or get close to, like the idle.

ived looked on numerous threads and websites and havnt found anything.

this is my daily so i need it to to run:( ive bean told its a misfire in a cylinder but not completely conviced...

any help is much appreciated!

bad idea to have a 240 as a daily lol ^ check what he said remove the spark plugs when its on and see what it does, or move the distributer see how it reacts

yea i figured but i love em aha, so im pretty stupid, if you can work with me...how can i check if the timing is off? and im not ganna die by messing with those while its running? aha thanks guys

Just use a pair of long needle nose pliers, and their saying to have it running and pull a wire off see what it does then put it back on and try the next wire. Go down the line like that to see how it reacts. If your pull one and the car doesn't react then there is probably something wrong with that hole.

You can check timing with a timing light, they only cost like $25 for a basic one at advance auto. The instructions come with it. Or you could loosen the distributor while it's idling and rotate it in either direction to see how it reacts. Just be sure to put it back to what it was set to when your done so it doesn't screw with your timing if that's not an issue

oh alright, thanks for havin patience with me guys. still open to any other suggestions, i will try em out tmrw hopefully nothing major..

dont bother messing with the timimg if u have no idea of what ur doing..just do the spark plug thing and see where that leaves u

Make sure to check all of your ground wires on the motor aswell it can mess with idlle more than you would imagine, especially if it just started maybe it came loose, also it might be your maf getting on its last leg.

check your coolant temp sensor it fucks with your idle when it goes bad (two wire one to ecu not 1 wire to guage)

yo man! clean your iacv valve, it will definitely help your idle but it might not fix the problem. You might have a vacuum leak... this might sound weird but hit your brake pedal repeatedly and see if the rpms rise.

if it gets really bad and starts stalling, you can temporarily adjust the throttle body idle screw or the iacv idle screw to raise the rpms.

bad idea to have a 240 as a daily lol ^ check what he said remove the spark plugs when its on and see what it does, or move the distributer see how it reacts

I daily my car.......

But yes check all ur grounds there's one by the header on and on the intake mani.

And check all the spark plug wires to.

UPDATE: alright so i took the first spark plug wire out and it idled real smooth put it back in and it idles smooth again for about 15 secnds but went back to normal, took all the spark plugs out they were carbon fouled. got brand new spark plugs put em in, ran wayyy better at about a steady 1k to 1100, but i can still tell there is some shaking going on what else should i check? grounds?

like the motor shaking alot? that would be old motor mounts
you can either buy new ones or look up making your own hockey puck ones.

we did that recently with my friends car and its working out pretty well lol

why. its pretty common. they work well when done right. and its ALOT cheaper than mounts.

im prob gonna do it to my car soon

cuz hes obsessed with doing things the "right" way, i guess he doesnt know what a 240 is yet... but thanks guys still open to any other suggestions though!!! bean alot of help!

yo man! clean your iacv valve, it will definitely help your idle but it might not fix the problem. You might have a vacuum leak... this might sound weird but hit your brake pedal repeatedly and see if the rpms rise.

if it gets really bad and starts stalling, you can temporarily adjust the throttle body idle screw or the iacv idle screw to raise the rpms.

hey man i just hit the break like you said and they raised about 200 or 300 didnt really rev high but still noticable, whats that mean?

Back
Top Bottom