Another "car won't start" thread.

Alright the story is, I'm driving home from work and my car dies twice in a four mile ride back home. Both times the car died when I was at a dead stop and was letting go of the clutch. When I pulled up to the gate of my apartment once again from a dead stop, it died for a third and last time. This time it didn't wanna start. It won't even crank. Battery is at 12.5 volt so I know it's not that. Car still runs with a dead alternator so I'm guessing it's the starter. But before I replace that, what do you guys suggest that I should do first that is a cheap fix?

If the car is driving and it just dies its not the starter! Try cranking the car and have a buddy put a voltmeter on the battery! Also if you can get the car on try disconnecting the pos. terminal on the battery while the car is on to make sure the alternator is not bad!

it couldnt be the starter since it would not make the car shuts off by itself.. what sysmptoms did the car did before dying ? lost rpm drastically? (maybe a vacuum leak?)

it couldnt be the starter since it would not make the car shuts off by itself.. what sysmptoms did the car did before dying ? lost rpm drastically? (maybe a vacuum leak?)

ok so starter is out of the list. It just died. The car was running good all day. I remember it bogged down for like 2 seconds on me after the second time it died though while I was accelerating. Then it died for a third time about 5 minutes later.

ok so starter is out of the list. It just died. The car was running good all day. I remember it bogged down for like 2 seconds on me after the second time it died though while I was accelerating. Then it died for a third time about 5 minutes later.
heck can even be a clogged fuel filter, bad sparkplugs, check also your battery terminals for some oxidation (you might have more than one stuff) besides your starter could have some tooth bented(but it would not shut of the car from what am i aware of..)

Fuel Spark Air

Check for fuel (inj leaks, pressure, pulse).

Check for spark

Locko brought up a good point too - when its shutting down is your electrical stuffs going crazy or does it stay juiced up?

Fuel Spark Air

Check for fuel (inj leaks, pressure, pulse).

Check for spark

Locko brought up a good point too - when its shutting down is your electrical stuffs going crazy or does it stay juiced up?

Would that cause it to not even crank though if its a fuel or spark issue?

Ya the damn car just shut down for now reason. All the lights and radio still works and all the check lights on the cluster is good too.

oh oh my bad didn't realize there was no crank.

so the car died and wont even crank but the electric is good? hmmm id still hook it up to another car's battery and make sure

check your relays my boys ka blew the acc relay and the shit wouldnt do anything i swaped the one from my car and it cranked right up.

Your alternator might be taking a shit, at high rpms it makes enough power to get buy and supply the voltage your motor needs to function now at low rpms (every time you stop and idle) the alternator is not working hard enough causing you to drain the battery to keep the car alive and idling once you go to drive off again there isnt enough power from the battery nor alternator to keep up even with the small demand of simply moving the car. My 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom