angle mod for s13 and s14s

OOOOOOOOOOOOOk. I'm gonna have to drop my 2 cents in this thread unfortunately. People, Roberto (metalrocks12) Has a vast background in welding. In fact, this is his father's business and all Roberto ever did was learn from his father. I find it very disappointing how even the veterans can be so close minded. Yes, I understand Harri is awesome and his work is immaculate. But realize that a knuckle mod is not brain surgery and anybody with a decent amount of experience in welding can do it. Options need to expand and Ter-Tech is NOT the only person in the U.S to the angle mod. It's called competition people. Learn to live with it. And for the people who mentioned that it could possibly become a liability? Well, i'm sure that if you DAILY your 240 your a broke ass so you shoudln't even be in this thread regardless unless your 240 is your track whore. If Harri charges $100 and Roberto $150 well until further notice, Harri has him beat.

Who's being close-minded? All anyone said was his price is not competitive (true) and that he should have a jig like his competition does (true as well). A liability is a liability, track only or street car - doesn't matter.

Who's being close-minded? All anyone said was his price is not competitive (true) and that he should have a jig like his competition does (true as well). A liability is a liability, track only or street car - doesn't matter.

When someone reads this thread, the first perception that one gets (or at least I did) was close-mindedness. It basically said Roberto sucks/Harri is awesome/Fuck Roberto/here's Harri's thread link/end of story. Yes I already agreed upon the fact that he needs a jig. And a liability is a liability; however, in my opinion, with extreme modifications such as a knuckle mod, the probabilities of something going wrong is completely higher. Therefore, the buyer should be aware that he/she is at a high risk of injury due to the mod.

with extreme modifications such as a knuckle mod, the probabilities of something going wrong is completely higher. Therefore, the buyer should be aware that he/she is at a high risk of injury due to the mod.

i wouldnt consider this an "extreme modification". And if the job is done right, there should be no risk at all.

i wouldnt consider this an "extreme modification". And if the job is done right, there should be no risk at all.

So changing the factory steering angle isn't an extreme modification? And BP supposedly built their deep water horizon rig to spec right?

When someone reads this thread, the first perception that one gets (or at least I did) was close-mindedness. It basically said Roberto sucks/Harri is awesome/Fuck Roberto/here's Harri's thread link/end of story. Yes I already agreed upon the fact that he needs a jig.

The only close minded post I saw was yours. Nobody said fuck Roberto but rather, his prices.

So changing the factory steering angle isn't an extreme modification? And BP supposedly built their deep water horizon rig to spec right?

i dont believe it is, but thats just my opinion. Im not saying that there is not a possibility of it breaking after being modified, but if done right, the chances are about the same as a factory knuckle breaking.

No its not and BP didn't build the rig, Hyundai Heavy did. The smart card doesn't work if you don't know wtf you are talking about.

id call it extreme too. its what steers the car and you are cutting it and trying to stick it back. if its done wrong you could lose the ability to steer upon failure, and if youre going in at 80mph, thats what we in the business like to call "Bad news". not only that, but when this fails, its not a straight ride/ just hit brakes... its one wheel slamming full lock to the outside and the othe staying straight.... your just a passenger.

i dont believe it is, but thats just my opinion. Im not saying that there is not a possibility of it breaking after being modified, but if done right, the chances are about the same as a factory knuckle breaking.

yea if done right is the key..... and a factory knuckle is highly engineered before someone hacks it up. its this kind of thinking that made that crew of people jump off the skyway bridge with a cord because it was strong enough. but they didnt know how physics would show them how they need to respect engineering and forces.

Last edited by a moderator:
dj im broke and i think ill have an sr before u get your car running

HEY ALEX if you knew the situation right now you would stfu, and i will have a motor soon...

+1 agreed and ***** is that xbox i sold you still good

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

wtf n i g g a came up as stars but no other curse word does lol at that

and Yes that xbox is still good, its a great way for me to save my money! lol im a bum lately goinng out every once in a while!

id call it extreme too. its what steers the car and you are cutting it and trying to stick it back. if its done wrong you could lose the ability to steer upon failure

That goes without saying for any steering part though. In a world of china tie rods, ends, and poorly designed/engineered top shelf parts; I don't think its anymore extreme than most steering mods.

That goes without saying for any steering part though. In a world of china tie rods, ends, and poorly designed/engineered top shelf parts; I don't think its anymore extreme than most steering mods.

yea no doubt. but self cutting and manufacturing is a little different.

we are getting off track. point is, if he can make them right, awesome, always nice to have more help.

wow alot has happened since last night, kinda nice to see nice clean arguments tho lol

but yea i had not clue it was being done for 100 so ill deff be changing the prices as far as the first couple sets go like i mentioned i need to get it down, doing this realy isent a huge deal i got the tools and skill just need to aply it to the job at hand. i did it to my z32 and it took a head on colission with a wall, snaped my lower control arm and inner tie rod but my aluminum knuckles didnt budge.

when i get my shit 2gether ill start posting pics and stuff and see what happenes untill then thanx for the advise guys

and part of me geting the angle mod done right is puting a jig together that will let me make the same product over and over again

This will help you with your overall product. Better start reading lol

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=360823

Also, for those who do not know. Pbm has made their own set of inner tie rods, which will be selling for $75 shipped soon. Tie rods have a 7mm spacer already on them. Outers are still in production i think.

I'm will do my own knuckles eventually because i have a special spacer that needs to be taken into account when doing my knuckles.

Back
Top Bottom