Alignment specs?

I've been to a few events now, and I still don't feel like my car is dialed in the way I want it to be. Does anyone have some specific setups that they'd like to share, or just general things that work well for you? I know basics of how things affect drive/driftability of a car, but I just wanted to see what other people have to say about it.

i saw this posted by mike kijoma on motoiq

for s13

Front- Camber 3-4 degrees negative
Caster +7-9 degrees
1/8" toe out
Rear- 0-1.5 degree negative camber
0-1/4" toe in
Cold tire pressure front- 25-30 psi, rear 25-60 psi.

but i haven't tried it yet

They is way too many factors for someone just to give u specs and it will work. Unless the following is the same. Weight weight distribution tire size horsepower suspension travel and spring rates body roll driving style and more

True, but I'm looking for more just general rules of thumb sorta things. I've never read a good thread or any info really on the way to set up your alignment for drifting. If anyone knows one, please point me in the right direction, but it seems that for something so critical to drifting there isn't as much information out there as other stuff. I've talked to some people who have given me advice on it, but I just want to learn how to make my car as drift-friendly as possible.

It comes down to what you like. Try some different setups. my car I like around -1.4 degrees camber in the front and about -2 in the rear. But thats me you just have to experiment until you feel its right for your driving style

It comes down to what you like. Try some different setups. my car I like around -1.4 degrees camber in the front and about -2 in the rear. But thats me you just have to experiment until you feel its right for your driving style
Agree its all about your driving style. Try n get some ideas from other ppls setups then fine tune it to your driving style.

Haha alignment doesn't have anything to do with your driving style. If you're running more camber in the rear than the front, you're doing it wrong. It's more about if you have to also daily it or not. If you daily it and don't wanna kill tires driving it around on the street, then you compromise and run a combination of street and track alignment. If you only drive it on the track, then you can do just a track alignment. What homeskillet posted is a pretty good rule of thumb. Then as you and your car progress, you can tweak it from there.
I'm running like -4 front camber, -0.6 rear, some toe-out in front, and some toe-in in the rear.

How am I doing it wrong? Its all how it feels to that person. You dont see any of the dudes in fd running the exact same alignment, Regardless of car. Your suspension setup is how you feel it should be setup and to be way you want your car to handle/react. Just saying its different for everyone

How am I doing it wrong? Its all how it feels to that person. You dont see any of the dudes in fd running the exact same alignment, Regardless of car. Your suspension setup is how you feel it should be setup and to be way you want your car to handle/react. Just saying its different for everyone

Find an FD car that runs more camber in the rear than the front.

Also, if you read my post I said that other guys suggestion is a good rule of thumb, with a LOT of leeway for tweaks to meet personal satisfaction.

Right now you're wearing the inside of your rear tires, and riding on the outside sidewall of the outside front tire in drift. But I guess you already drove with every other alignment setup, but chose that one because it feels the best. Sorry.

Never have I said ive tried everything. Im not trying to argue with you. I never see any wear on my front tires sidewalls unless it was from understeer knowing I was understeering. I was actually wrong with what I said my alignment was this is what it is right now
2010-01-06172642.jpg
thats the rear I think the front may be the same or more not sure

Last edited:
Well that makes more sense, but I'd still run more negative camber in the front. I guess what I'm saying is set your car up right, and it's gonna feel the best. This thread should've been over after that first response, because it's pretty dead on.

What I was saying about front camber, and why the motoiq dude says 3-4 degrees neg. You will get it when you go outside and turn your front wheels all the way to lock and look at how much the tire is leaning over the wrong way, and the more angle you have the worse it gets.

ok there is no way to measure the changes made by the traction rod in the rear on a alignment rack how do you guys set yours

ok there is no way to measure the changes made by the traction rod in the rear on a alignment rack how do you guys set yours

Yeah there is, there's a thing called "set back" I believe, and also a measurement for the difference in wheelbase. On our machine, you have to go to a seperate screen to look at that stuff. I think that's right, 240 dudes can chime in if they know better.

Last edited:
Don't mess with it too much or it will screw up your rear suspension geometry. On a slammed car about 10mm longer than a stock traction rod is a good starting point.

Back
Top Bottom