Ahh shit..

Kenrik

Driver
Ok so one of my Altima electric fans stopped working the other day, I thought it would be ok with just one (which it was) but I was just sitting at a light and I smelled something like plastic burning or an electrical/rubber burning smell.
So I pulled into a gas station and I pop the hood and I see my electric fan is smokeing and the blade is slightly melted where it hooks upto motor :O I cut the wires going to the electric fan and I drove home making sure not to stop at lights etc.. if I did not have to (temps never went over 175.. thank god for Nismo thermostats!) Anyway WTF caused both of these fans to fry? I had it hooked upto the battery with a relay that was switched on when the car was started.

I had gotten these fans from carpartswholesale.com for $90 shipped as replacements for an Altima (not made by nissan..) so maybe they were just really sucky quality??

Are there any places local that sell Flex-a-light or other quality fans that will fit on a Koyo Radiator/240? any recomendations?

green_machine said:
wasn't there just a thread about cursing in the titles?

go to u pull it

I saw that... that's why I downgraded it from fuck to shit.. :laugh:

Anyway I'm not looking for USED electric fans... U-pull-it charges almost the same as it costs to buy them new ($33 per fan)

Back
Top Bottom