Aem wideband help

secrets2k

^^FISHTAILER
Driver
Got everything hook up but all my gauge reads is --- I'll mess with the ground sometimes and with the key turned over but the car not running it will read 15.0 like It should so I have read on different fourms but usually just reads --- and always reads --- when the car is running....the sensor was installed 36 inches away and at a close 10 degree angle

Anyone know what this could be?

Aspect had a aem wideband and when he installed his turbo timer (greddy) it fucked with the wideband and made it go crazy reading and I
guess it happens alot when he researched it

where did you tap in for power and ground?
mine would do that while running if I pressed the brake. Someone on supramania said to change the ground location, now it works perfect

where did you tap in for power and ground?
mine would do that while running if I pressed the brake. Someone on supramania said to change the ground location, now it works perfect

Yea iam going to rewire it and see what happens......and this is aspects old wideband......

Yea iam going to rewire it and see what happens......and this is aspects old wideband......
yeah idk ask him mine did the same thing so I just did way with my timer
ik it worked prefect In his car idk if it's the same one or not
but yeah something to do with the way it's wired

When you figure it out lmk so I can rewire mine also

So I re wired everything and it still read --- so I took the sensor out and did the whole brake cleaner thing and it still read --- the sensor is getting power cuz it is heating up like it should

Could it be a bad sensor?

Make sure the power and the ground to the gauge are good. If both aren't right the gauge won't get enough voltage causing it to read wrong

I plan on running every guage on there own fuse when I do
my wire tuck so I don't have problems

Got everything hook up but all my gauge reads is --- I'll mess with the ground sometimes and with the key turned over but the car not running it will read 15.0 like It should so I have read on different fourms but usually just reads --- and always reads --- when the car is running....the sensor was installed 36 inches away and at a close 10 degree angle

Anyone know what this could be?

if u are reading ----- the car is running lean as hell or rich as hell it goes ---- around 10 or 17 if it goes around 17 is to lean so dont run to hard and if it is around 10 is to rich and u can contaminate the oil and fuck up the motor

Last edited:
if u are reading ----- the car is running lean as hell or rich as hell it goes ---- around 10 or 17 if it goes around 17 is to lean so dont run to hard and if it is around 10 is to rich and u can contaminate the oil and fuck up the motor

Iam running rich right now but the gauge won't read anything is starts up goes through the start up thing then just goes staright to lean and reads --- I read that the gauge should read 14.7-14.8 with the o2 unpluged but mine doesn't it still reads --- all the way lean so I got a new sensor and it still does the same thing idk if it could be a gauge problem or harness problem can anyone help?

^^^ seriously stay the hell out of my threads...will someone plz ban him already and anyone else have any imput on this problem

im pretty sure u have checked all the wires for cuts or shit like that make sure everything is making good contact ?

I have checked the harness for the most part iam going to get a new harness and see if that does it if not I give up

did they shorten or lengthen the 12ft harness for the sensor? those things are very finicky when you lengthen or shorten them. the aem sensors were calibrated for a specific lenght of wire. any less and the resistance values are less. but it could just be a bad sensor. id call aem and talk with them

I bought a new sensor and it still doesn't read right I am guessing it's the harness and the harness was damaged and then fixed so maybe that's y it isn't reading

Back
Top Bottom