ae86 headgasket help! (4ac)

hey guys what up.
my freinds ae86 has had a blown headgasket for a while now white smoking like a bitch and oil in the rad. and coolent in the oil lol. anywayz we got around to changing it (4ac simplicity FTW) we cleaned the block nice and the head nice with laquer thinner and put a new gasket we put it back toghether and tourqued everything according to haynes manuel. oh and i did mark TDC and the dizzy and put everything back thogether perfect including the timing belt and cam sproket. now we fire her up and it just cranks. we floor it and the carb backfires (weber carb) also the exhaust spit out the BRAND NEW coolent and oil. car wont start compression is 115 +/- 10 in every cylinder thats really low i know! what do u guys think?

timing prolly off if its backfiring out of intake/carb and since the timing is off valves oppening all fucked up maybe comp is down....or it is a 4ac ...might have bad rings lol..idk

i think the timing is good the cam sproket lined up stright up with the mark on the crank and i marked the belt before removing it to make sure i put it back right it starts backfiring after like 20-30 secs of cranking BTW car has 200,000miles

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom