A late thank you

hachi

Driver
Well it was an epic night for us here in Miami as we drifted the night away. We may not have an awesome venue like OSW, PBIR, or CFRC but we make the best of what we have at Countyline and have some of the best events like we saw last night.

With Capt Ben on the mic giving a well informed commentary of the drift action to the local crowd ( mostly full of drag race fans expecting to be watching 1/8 mile drags which is the norm for Countyline Dragway), Capt Ben was able to help educate the captivated audience as well as point out even the smallest corrections by the drivers. No mistake was left unnoticed by the keen watchful eye of the Capt!

Also the local new drifters were receiving some expert driving instruction and coaching by The Legend Dr. Obi Juan Henao Drifter Extraordinaire, which I would like to mention is one of our # 1 goals at all Drift Session events. That is to help educate, instruct, and encourage new drivers in a chill and welcoming atmosphere, which I believe we do best!

Not to mention the highlight for many drivers, our special guest Mr Fredric Aasbo! Those of you that were there in time for the drivers meeting were able to shake hands with one of Formula Drift's top drivers. I had the honor of having Mr Aasbo at my house for a few hours prior to the event and all I can say is Fredric is one of the humblest guys I've met. Upon arriving at Countyline to start setting up the event, Fredric, Eikki (Mr. EstPerformance) and myself were able to set up the track and give it a few test runs as Aasbo took out the battered and tattered E30 for a few laps. When he told me he made the special trip down to Miami just to meet the locals I was amazed! :eek:
I would like to thank Fredric for coming down. We will be cheering him on next week:bigthumbu

And last but not least I wanna thank team Jackson Performance :rockon:
I would not have been able to do it if it wasn't for their help! Rich running the line and techin cars, Keith holdin down the pit area, and Chris for driving his butt off. I see a bright future for Chris Jackson and his crew, as he is finally taking the time to focus on building a solid car and show us that he is not playing around anymore.... Well maybe a little lol.

Thanks to all the drivers and be sure to support the local guys at PBIR next weekend! Till next time.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the GREAT night!!! :gayfight:

Well it was an epic night for us down in Miami as we drifted the night away. We may not have an awesome venue like OSW, PBIR, or CFRC but we make the best of what we have at countyline and have some of the best events as we saw last night.

With Capt Ben on the mic giving a well informed commentary of the drift action to the local crowd. ( mostly full of drag race fans expecting to be watching 1/8 mile drags which is the norm for countyline drag way) Capt Ben was able to help educate the captivated audience as well as point out, even the smallest corrections by the drivers. Not mistake was left unnoticed by the keen watchful eye of the Capt!

Also the local new drifters were receiving some expert driving instruction and coaching by Mr Juan Henao. Which I would like to mention is one of our # 1 goals at all Drift Session events, that is to help educate, instruct and encourage new drivers in a chill and welcoming atmosphere, which I believe we do best!

Not to mention the highlight for many drivers, our special guest Mr Fredric Aasbo! Those of you that were there in time for the drives meeting were able shake hands with one of Formula Drifts top drivers. I had the honor of having Mr Aasbo at my house for a few hours prior to the event and all I can say is Fredric is one of the humblest guys I've meet. Upon arriving at countyline to start setting up the event Fredric, Eikki (mr Est performance) and myself were able set up the track and give it a few test runs as Aasbo took out the battered and tattered E30 for a few laps. When he had told me he made the special trip down to Miami just to meet the locals I was amazed! :eek:
I would like to thank Fredric for coming down. We will be cheering you on next week:bigthumbu

And last but not least I wanna thank team Jackson performance :rockon:
I would not have been able to do it if it wasn't for there help! Rich running the line and techin cars, Keith holdin down the pit area, and Chris for driving his butt off. I see a bright future for Chris Jackson and his crew, as he is finally taking the time to focus on building a solid car and show us that he is not playing around anymore.... Well maybe a little lol.

Thanks to all the drivers and be sure to support the local guys at PBIR next week end! Till next time.........

Tim, No problem and thank you for all you do!! I had a great time and had fun working the line for you last night. I love the grassroots attitude, Keep the events coming! I plan to keep getting more and more involved if you'll have me. :bigthumbu

Your events have been a HUGE help with us to shake down Chris' car. Before Atlanta we found a weak point in the turbo manifold and last night we found a couple electrical bugs that we now know to work out before PBIR. Best $25 investment ever!

It sucks I wasnt able to make the event yesterday, Ive been dying for a big track too. Im sure everyone agrees with me when I say, keep the big track events comming (even tho yesterday wasnt planned) 1-2 big tracks a year isnt enough! Lol. Ill be at the next one for sure. Great work as always Tim :bigthumbu

that was a great event!
thanks to my fellow officials Tim and Ben, and all those who helped keep things running smooth.

a thanks in advance for the media guys who busted their butts in to cover the events, we love u guys and cant wait to see what you guys hav for us. :bigthumbu

I saw many driver push to get better, asked all the right Qs and even make adjustments to their setup... South Florida has plenty of great up and coming drivers and its only getting better. keep it up guys :bigthumbu

oh and BIG thanks to those who let me take a lap in their cars. :driving:

Hope to see all of you at the next one!

and last but not least, a BIG shout out to Mr. Fredric Aasbo, it was an honor to take you on a lap in the mafia Lexus lol. thanks for coming to see us and support our local drifting scene.

that was a great event!
thanks to my fellow officials Tim and Ben, and all those who helped keep things running smooth.

a thanks in advance for the media guys who busted their butts in to cover the events, we love u guys and cant wait to see what you guys hav for us. :bigthumbu

I saw many driver push to get better, asked all the right Qs and even make adjustments to their setup... South Florida has plenty of great up and coming drivers and its only getting better. keep it up guys :bigthumbu

oh and BIG thanks to those who let me take a lap in their cars. :driving:

Hope to see all of you at the next one!

and last but not least, a BIG shout out to Mr. Fredric Aasbo, it was an honor to take you on a lap in the mafia Lexus lol. thanks for coming to see us and support our local drifting scene.

After the lap he already told that he wants that kind of lexus to himself :D

Damn, missed out on this one... Sounds like a lot of good things were said about the Florida drifters! Thumbs up!

Last edited:
hats-off.jpg

Back
Top Bottom