A/C wiring???

jdmbrian

A/C wiring??? Sr20 using KA compressor

well i need a/c in my car. dont tell me to just not have it. i havent had a/c for 2 years and i use my car everyday to and from work in bumper to bumper traffic. i want my a/c. i got all my shit together but i need massive advice on wiring. ive searched and searched and searched.

What do i need to have wired up so that my a/c in my s13 with an s13 sr work properly by using the stock controls. KEEP IN MIND I HAVE A KA COMPRESSOR ON MY S13 SR. yes the power wire to the compressor is plugged in. my a/c button doesnt work. it doesnt engage the compressor. and it doesnt turn the little light on.

HELP PLEASE :confused:

Last edited:
jdmbrian said:
well i need a/c in my car. dont tell me to just not have it. i havent had a/c for 2 years and i use my car everyday to and from work in bumper to bumper traffic. i want my a/c. i got all my shit together but i need massive advice on wiring. ive searched and searched and searched.

What do i need to have wired up so that my a/c in my s13 with an s13 sr work properly by using the stock controls. my a/c button doesnt work. it doesnt engage the compressor. and it doesnt turn the little light on.

HELP PLEASE :confused:

Well if the compressor lines are conected and you have suffient refrigirant to cool your system and no leaks!!! then it should work with no problems. Make sure your a/c system is not undercharge, because in that case your compressor will never engage until the right amount of refrigirant is in the system. There is a sensor that controls that and prevents the a/c compressor to engage to avoid damage to the compressor.

Good luck!!! :)

thanks for that info. didnt know. i will be charging the system at work this coming wednesday. how many kgs of freon does everyone think is suppose to go in there? .8 kgs???

does anyone have any info on the wiring though? i really dont know how the wiring is suppose to go. i have the entire system hooked up.

wiring is killing me though.

thanks in advance.

two small cans of freon will get things chillin, you can use a third can to top the system off, but it probably wont take all of it.

and +1 on the no freon = no compressor clutch engagement.

Well the only thing I can think of it's the wires that go to the compressor clutch coil. If that is not connected or power is not going to the coil, then it will never engage. Check the compressor after you charge your system and make sure that the compressor engages, if not check the power plug in the comporessor coil and see if your getting power through there. You will need a volt meter or a test light to check that.

Again good luck.

Back
Top Bottom