A/C problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

(OIO/ - RPS13 - \OIO)
Driver
ok this is pissing me off. When i turn on the A/C it SOMETIMES works but most of the time it doesnt. And if it by some miracle it DOES work, it only last a few minutes b4 it starts to lose its coldness. my friend tells me to put freon but when i put freon the car doesnt take it and spits it back out. What could be the problem? its getting close to summer and i need working A/C:mad:

usually A/C compressors has a special type of oil that keeps it lubricated and meant to work. Recharging it will only just keep the icy-cold feeling of the a/c going.

i knew of a write-up on how to check problems with your a/c.

i'll see if i can find it in my bookmarks.

usually A/C compressors has a special type of oil that keeps it lubricated and meant to work. Recharging it will only just keep the icy-cold feeling of the a/c going.

i knew of a write-up on how to check problems with your a/c.

i'll see if i can find it in my bookmarks.

ba... you should not have to be recharging your system every so often, if you do then you have a problem that needs to be fixed. the special oil is refrigerant oil. there is also a whole electrical side to things too that you over looked. maybe there is something wrong with the contacts in you a/c control i have seen this before. also i have seen ignition switches be the problem too sometimes they needed to make sure that they are all the way up fully on, this could only be fixed with replacing them though. gl

ba... you should not have to be recharging your system every so often, if you do then you have a problem that needs to be fixed. the special oil is refrigerant oil. there is also a whole electrical side to things too that you over looked. maybe there is something wrong with the contacts in you a/c control i have seen this before. also i have seen ignition switches be the problem too sometimes they needed to make sure that they are all the way up fully on, this could only be fixed with replacing them though. gl

Yea i didn't even want to get into the electrical part of it because then its so much more you have to look into_Once you can rule out the compressor being bad and that the unit actually works with no problems, then i'd move more into the electrical part of it.

well i got word from one of my friends about the compresor. he said that IF the compresor were to be messed up, then the car wouldnt blow air period. my problem is that the air gets cold only when it wants to so idk if i should replace the compresor just to be sure. is there anyone that knows how to work on 240sx A/C systems?

i spoke to my dads friend whos a mechanic and he told me that the freon i need is called R-12 and ive been putting R-134A. so i went to advance auto parts to get some and they told me they dont make it anymore....guess i just got pwned. does anyone kno where i can find some of that type of freon???

i spoke to my dads friend whos a mechanic and he told me that the freon i need is called R-12 and ive been putting R-134A. so i went to advance auto parts to get some and they told me they dont make it anymore....guess i just got pwned. does anyone kno where i can find some of that type of freon???

well they have r134a conversion kits so if you vacumm ur system you can charge it with r134a as long as you get the fitting for r134a

well they have r134a conversion kits so if you vacumm ur system you can charge it with r134a as long as you get the fitting for r134a

can you please tell me how the hell your going to vac your own system....... im guessing that you have a pump... and you will have to change the shreder valves to the r134a style from the r12 but they have conversion ones to do that.

well i got word from one of my friends about the compresor. he said that IF the compresor were to be messed up, then the car wouldnt blow air period. my problem is that the air gets cold only when it wants to so idk if i should replace the compresor just to be sure. is there anyone that knows how to work on 240sx A/C systems?

sorry i missed this...

take this idea and throw it right away cause your friend doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about.... if your BLOWER MOTOR wasnt working then you wouldnt have any air blowing... please let him know that so he doesnt mis inform people anylonger.

Last edited:

well thats not all ture as long as ur ac light on the controller is on that means ur ac switch on the dryer is reading there enough freon to tell the compressor to come on but the fans under the dash will blow air whether it cold or not the best way to check ur compressor is to make sure the clutch is spinning with the pulley if its not then ur compresser could be stuck

sigh... i missed this too....

dont listen to people in advanced!!!! they dont know what the fuck they are talking about... they dont sell "over the counter" if you will r-12... you have to have a special liscense to buy it.. you just need to go to a a/c shop to have it properly refilled.

take this idea and throw it right away cause your friend doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about.... if your BLOWER MOTOR wasnt working then you wouldnt have any air blowing... please let him know that so he doesnt mis inform people anylonger.[/QUOTE]

lmao yeah i was just saying that

well thats not all ture as long as ur ac light on the controller is on that means ur ac switch on the dryer is reading there enough freon to tell the compressor to come on but the fans under the dash will blow air whether it cold or not the best way to check ur compressor is to make sure the clutch is spinning with the pulley if its not then ur compresser could be stuck

your compressor and your blower motor dont talk to each other... why do you think that you can have the a/c switch off and still have moving air.. driers are just filters...

there is no true way to test a compressor.. if the clutch isnt coming on then yeah it could not a bad compressor or a relay in the a/c system that isnt triping on when the switch is on..not enough gas in the system to turn the compressor on... it can be so many things that if i where you i would just take it somewere.

can you please tell me how the hell your going to vac your own system....... im guessing that you have a pump... and you will have to change the shreder valves to the r134a style from the r12 but they have conversion ones to do

yeah a little pump as long as you dont have any freon in the system you can vacumm it and connect to guage to see if there any leaks let it run for like thirty minutes to get any moisture then charge it

your compressor and your blower motor dont talk to each other... COLOR]
[\QUOTE]

where are you reading that the fans come no matter ....what im talking about is the compresser and the switch in the dryer

Last edited:
asumming that you have an a/c pump.. they arent cheap.. if you have one thats great.. but the OP problly doesnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom