60-1 turbo

MiaS13

Driver
ok a guy i know has offered to sell me a turbo kit for my KA (yea yea i know) but im seriously considering it. only down side is that it come with a 60-1 Garret. im not to crazy about a turbo that big on my shit motor. how much do you guys think i could get for that turbo? cause i would intend to sell it and get like a GT28r

An s15 turbo is a gt28r.

Anyway, I agree that turbo is a tad on the large size - how about finding somebody that's willing to trade up a nice t3/t4? Shouldn't be too hard.

Devil Man said:
big turbo or not its how much boost you run that rapes the motor.

+1 ...Lag

I know someone who will give you $600 for your turbo if its a Garret. Oh and if I were you Id go with a 3071r, not a t28.

No doubt about that but the t2 turbine will be a restriction at higher RPMs.

My 3071r reached peak boost only a couple hundred rpm's later than 2871r guys yet my tq didn't drop off up top and I made a heck of a lot more peak hp than they do at much lower psi. I'd seriously look into a t3/t4 setup - great compromise and won't break the bank like GT turbos do.

yo wut u can do is sell the turbo to one of the guys with supra or rotary guys, they would buy it of you...

well a manifold if not a problem cause if i can get good money for the turbo then i can pick up a turbo and my friend can make me a manifold

I'm saying, if you got a turbo kit that includes a 60-1, you'd also be getting a manifold w/ a t4 flange. Um, maybe post more details about the kit.

GARRET 60-1
downpipe
custom bent manifold to match
370cc injectors
spearco front mount
all pipinng for ka
oil lines
oil pan

Devil Man said:
big turbo or not its how much boost you run that rapes the motor.
thats...ridiculous.....strap a GT47 on a stock ka and set it at like 20 psi........then do it with t28 at 20 psi.........wut do u think will last longer.......sigh....

MiaS13 said:
GARRET 60-1
downpipe
custom bent manifold to match
370cc injectors
spearco front mount
all pipinng for ka
oil lines
oil pan

Well if its a straight 60-1 then its t4 and your manifold would be useless with anything other than a turbo w/ a t4 hotside (which I'm assuming you don't want). But you said you have a friend who could make you a manifold so obviously he can weld - maybe he can cut and weld a t3 flange and modify your downpipe. So idk...get it and trade for a t3/t4 + cash or something. Oh and don't you dare run 370's.

m4nfred said:
thats...ridiculous.....strap a GT47 on a stock ka and set it at like 20 psi........then do it with t28 at 20 psi.........wut do u think will last longer.......sigh....

Lol I <3 you Manny. No homo.

*sigh*

m4nfred said:

i dont see the difference... i mean 20psi is 20psi which ever way you look at it. isnt it? sure one might be more efficent and boost earlier but isnt a measurement of air the same not matter the source?

Back
Top Bottom