5speed swap question??

what up i did the 5speed swap on my s13 ka and im running the auto ecu. Now do i have to replace the tps for a 5speed one that controls the fuel cut via "soft idle switch" or can i still use the auto tps which is not used for engine contol? My problem eversince the swap is that when i reach the traffic light the car stays at 1.5k rpms for about 3-4 sec then drops to idle. also the car revs fine and but at 2k if i hold the throttle there it sputters. i also have the ocasional back fire and it wastes alot of gas lately. Any help is apreciated thanks.:bigthumbu

Just swap the ecu and the tps for a 5pd.

Thats what I have always done for the 3 hatchs and a s14 that I swapped.

my tps wasnt even connected i had auto ecu and idk if its a auto tps but it wasnt being used so it doesnt matter.

The tps is the same thing manual or auto. The auto ecu raises the rpms so the motor doesn't die on decel. Why swap to a manual ecu?? The auto runs the motor to a higher redline, better fuel maps and no governor! Leave that thing in it!

Swap the tps if it makes u feel better n check ur vaccum hoses u probly have a leak some where

ok first of all, really the only difference between an auto and manual ecu is that the auto doesnt have a rev-limiter. and the car will idle high because automatics are under a little load while sitting in gear. change it to a manual, should help and if it doesnt, atleast its done right

ok first of all, really the only difference between an auto and manual ecu is that the auto doesnt have a rev-limiter. and the car will idle high because automatics are under a little load while sitting in gear. change it to a manual, should help and if it doesnt, atleast its done right

What he said.

Case closed.......

my car does the same thing, going through school zones i notice the rpm drop and lift...... regaurdless of the speed cut i never bring my car that high of a speed, i do enjoy not having to push in my clutch to start my car hahaha. and plus solid mounts you really feel the idle change, ANDREW knows what i mean hahaha ^ ^ ^

Back
Top Bottom