4ag tq/pwr loss on take off

that is deffinately a failure mode move for one the injectors will shoot out of the rail and for two if u dont unplug the distributer when u do this then u will potentially ignite the spark in the cylinders while you are holding the fuel rail and u will start a fire...ask me how i know this

either way you need to look over what he said tho

OH AND I RUN MY OWN SHOP BRING THE CAR TO ME AND I GUARANTEE I WILL HAVE THAT SHIT FIXED call at 754 244 1755
I am well known and have a really good reputation around here
call me
Thanks
Ryan K
Most cars the injectors are attached to the fuel rail by clips just dont remove the clips. if there is no clips you need two people one starting and one holding the injectors.
If you managed to get the car on fire by doing that simple test I would be scared to bring my car to you Ryan! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is not even possible unless you do test 1 and 2 at the same time but hopefully if he does Darwins law kicks in and fixes the whole proplem for us .

Last edited:
Most cars the injectors are attached to the fuel rail by clips just dont remove the clips. if there is no clips you need two people one starting and one holding the injectors.
If you managed to get the car on fire by doing that simple test I would be scared to bring my car to you Ryan! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is not even possible unless you do test 1 and 2 at the same time but hopefully if he does Darwins law kicks in and fixes the whole proplem for us .

sorry but i see it catchn fire if you do it that way. the injectors are only pushed into the fuel rail no clips then the injectors go strait into the head and the fuel rail gets bolted on thats how they are on 4ag's. lets not start anymore fires in this car my cuzn already did it when he owened it. yo gime a call gorge ill try n swing by n help you with the diag test cuz im really startin to wonder what the hell it could be.

well im starting to think that it might be a wiring problem. i switched the wiring on the injectors and the car ran exactly the same. idk im fustrated as f*k lmao, anyone else got any ideas

how do i check if the injector wires are gettin power and how do i check to make sure the injectors are working properly? i kno i got spark and i had my boy do the compression test and he says its fine.....

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

also could it be as simple as a bad computer???

how do i check if the injector wires are gettin power and how do i check to make sure the injectors are working properly? i kno i got spark and i had my boy do the compression test and he says its fine.....

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

also could it be as simple as a bad computer???

Lift the rail up and get someone to hold the injectors in place so they wont fly out, place a paper towel in front of the injectors run starter for few seconds and see if the paper towel gets wet in front of all the injectors if one is dry there is your problem. If these guys think it can catch fire they are total numnuts. You do not have to unplug coil or anything from the car to do this simple test, just dont run the starter for six hours just long enough to cycle each injector so about 5 sec.
To check for power buy a test light and put one end to ground and probe the other end into the injector wire one is signal and the other is constant B+ or B- depending on a car. Most of the time it is B+. And then just turn the power on the car and see if your test light lights up. More than likely that is not the issue since the car still runs since constant is always the same feeder wire for all the injectors or the same fuse, So if there is no power to it none of them would work it is rare that the wire it self would be cut by the injector but possible.

What year is the car? what engine 4A-ge?

Last edited:
ok i got it guys new wires new fuel filter and a new coil and she ran way better the i attempted to readjust the ignition time and now its running great it still lags low end power but after 2500 it picks up massively.....thanks guys. if anyone can tell me whats goin on wit the low end power it would really help but so far u guys are kickin ass in my book...lmao

ok so i figured out what the low end power loss is , ignition timing!!!! im guessing that the dizzy is off by like a tooth or something i have already TDC everything and put the dizzy to cylinder 1 but its still losing a bit at low rpm's, anyone got any idea's ????/i would really appreciate the help

Ok so we figured it out ! compression test read 150 on piston 1 and straight up 0 on 2,3,and 4. idk how we managed to start it on 1 piston but we did n drove it to the back yard n already started the black top 20v swap,that was basicly donated by our boi zues. Thanx for the input and expect a built thread soon .

Back
Top Bottom