3rd battery in one mounth !!!!!!!!!!!! HELP !!!

gian52

ive replaced my battery 3 times this month. i took the alternator out took it to pep boys it charges just fine. ran brand new grounds when i got the 2nd battery. alternator grounds are good also. checked all my fuses they are fine. wth can be draining my battery ?!?!

lol go get a new alternator.... that is what charges your battery back up.
the only purpose of a battery is to start the car, after its started all the power comes from the alternator.

how does your battery go dead?
in the morning do you try starting it and nothing happens(battery)? or are you driving and then it slowly goes dead(alternator)?
you may want to try taking off the positive terminal on the battery when you park it at home for a long period (enough to where it wont start again) then put it back on and start it etc. i did that for a week on my 3000gt because it would never start in the morning. turns out a light in the trunk stayed on all time so it drained my battery over night.

if you do that and the car always starts and drives fine, then you have something draining your power overnight when the car is off

it just went dead while i was driving like when i floor the car it bogs and sputters a little bit then the head lights turn off then my gauges then my idle is super shittin then it turns off and it wont turn back on unless i jump start it. i jump start it goes for another 3 mins then my battery is just dead to the point that i gatta go get another one cause it doesnt hold charge any more. lets just say if my trunk light was to stay onn overnight when i start the car up in the mourning my alternator should charge my battery it turns on so it shoouldnt die while am driving.

check the main alt fuse in the panel under hood
check it good...
u need a meter to be for sure
its will tell u the answer

Make sure you have 12V on the big post on the alt. and make sure you have 12V on one of the wires on the plug that goes to the alt. with the ignition on.

Also make sure the outer casing of the alt. is grounded.

alt fuse good. i checked all the wires on the alt they came out fine. so i changed the alternator and got ANOTHER battery and turned on the car super duper shitty idle i turn on the ac and headlights the car almost turned off on me. wtf is happening.

Mine started doing the same shit as you, my volts are like 8 something.. bog getting into it, idle sucks, battery doesnt stay charge.. btw sr20 redtop

let me know if you figure the problem out, i think its my alt but i cant seem to find the right part number, someone please chip in!

nope this ish is gettin my so frustrated man. the car reads 12.63 when its off and the alternator reads about the same. then when i turn on the car the alternator reads .0000 and when i turn on my head lights plus ac my bat terminal falls down to 10.-- sumthing wtf is this ?!?!

ive checked all my grounds they all look good. the little red connector thats on the positve terminal looks like its seen better days. it stuck completely so am guessing its rust in there its my only guess. am goin to cut it out run some new wire

your getting feedback some where man double check your grounds and reground the ground cables. i had this same problem like 3 weeks ago

Back
Top Bottom