2jzgte on rwd corolla

hachiman

hey guy i all ready know wat do i need to have for me to put a 2j motor in my hachi who would be the best guy N kind of cheap to install all of those thing i all ready have the motor the twinturbos and rear end of a supra trany is coming sooon

knowledge...........btw.......im wayyyyyyyy ahead of you on this one......

very noic i cant wait to see a rolla with a 2j running!! i am getting convinced to go to the toyota dark side too very soon hopefully :bigthumbu anyway please keep us updated with info/pics of progress

Are you going with the 6spd tranny? If so be prepared to spend $$$ lots of it... Also make sure that the 2jz you have is off a supra not an Aristo... When you buy 2jz's people tell you that there off a supra, but alot of times there acually from an aristo, which will still work but u have to do alot more work to it... Also how much did u get the motor for?

there's an 86 on a cover of some magazine with the lexus SC430 V8 engine/tranny (AT) in it! > 2jz

no traction, you will have to tub the rear wells. sure your car as power, but getting it to the ground is what counts.

the corolla with the lexus v8 is a LS400 motor. i'm friends with those guys .....my old 86's rear might be in that car cause those are the guys who bought the rear. the ls400 motor is getting twin turbo'd

yeah i have the magezine with the v8 rolla i dont think im going with the six speed trany i think 5 speed should be good plus i might custom fit a supra rear end cuz the original will blow with the first time step hard on the gas, the engine cust me 500 buks with the ecu twin turbos and the engine i need to buy the wireing harnest and the trany, the engine is from my boyz supra witch he had to swap out to a newer motor cuz hes bulding the car to 900 hp thats way i got the motor for so chap ill probably rebuld the motor to 0 miles so it can last me long time. but wat i really would like to know is who can do all the work for me for a good prize

hachiman said:
but wat i really would like to know is who can do all the work for me for a good prize
theres people that do good work, and people that give you a good price... unless you got a friend, dont expect a break on the costs. pay someone to do it right.

Drag International could pull off that swap im sure, they do pretty much any swap you can conjur up...there's tons of shops around.

Ruff Racing inc. specializes in toyota's, give Moe a call.(954-709-1784) he has a 2j in a gs300 thats making like 600hp...they will probably give you the best price out of any real shop.

Last edited:
hope u dont like rad supports....
my.php

shifter fits nice tho

extend the radiator support out futher and reenforce it, done. I like the idea of the 1jz more then 2jz.

LateralMotion said:
Ruff Racing inc. specializes in toyota's, give Moe a call.(954-709-1784) he has a 2j in a gs300 thats making like 600hp...they will probably give you the best price out of any real shop.

The 2J Bolts in that is no hard task. I done several when I worked with Drag. BTW Our GS makes more power and runs more faster then theirs! :p :bigthumbu

Contact Dayrl(sp?) At Drag 954 475 7700. He is a Big Race car builder and Driver out of Trinidad and he is working with Drag now. He holds a few World Records for Evo's down there. Awesome guy. Just talk to Jordan or Larry and tell him Zak told you to call

dori dori said:
3sgte makes more sense to me for high powered 86.

I AGREE! If it is good enough for Top Secerts Supra it is plenty good for a 86 Corolla

I think the 3s makes more sense especially considerng the amount of HP you can make but im just curious as to what gearbox these guys use I was researching and there are alot more cars with 3s's than i thought i found is300 too but the only person who names the garbox says they used a Hewland 6-speed Sequential witch is 20K us so whats a more realistic gearbox to use?????any sugestions toyota guys???

Back
Top Bottom