240sx top speed?

when i was younger i used to want to go fast then i got bored now i want to go sideways and fast:D I had a bike and now im bored with the speed of affordable cars. But id still like to know how fast my car is?

my sil eighty had fuel cut at 115 so ide go everywhere at a steady 114 lol

on the other hand my boy derek has a blue s13 hatch stock sr AND IT TOOK OFF ON MY BOYS s2k at 140MPH! he doesnt know how fast it was since the s13 speedo dont read that far but im guessin around 155 160 no bullshit

hey my boy raced him b4 like a year ago. that hatch was nice. wut ever happened to it? i think he got rid of it for an SC300 am i right?

If you wan't to seriously find out a close estimate to your top speed (not including drag) then go here... http://www.240edge.com/performance/top-speed-calc.html But theres also even more ways to find out drag (example getting to speed and letting off, seeing how long it takes to slow down to a certain speed and calculate drag). That website is already set for a S13 but with 195 tires, change it to your application.

stock 5spd 240 is 112mph according to digital displays. with an auto ecu you get the luxury of going a whopping 20mph faster and if you go NA KA(real NA) with a tuned ecu you can go 140 before you run out of rpms

stock ka speedlimited to around 115mph, my cars gets there decntly fast, in 5th gear it stops RIGHT at the beginin gof the powerband, but gears at 6900rpms is about 135-140 or so, but since our ka's dont make power there id say maxed out at around 6K rpms.

BTW LSauto makes 180mph speedos for S13s with a sr ka or rb.

BTW LSauto makes 180mph speedos for S13s with a sr ka or rb.

So you can look cool. My bmw says 170 and the rx7 says 180... im never going to beable to take them that fast unless I went to Daytona or something. And I doubt the bmw could do it in stock form with limiter removed.

Last edited:
For those that have the J30 vlsd does its difference in the taller gearing affect the top speed of anyone with the swap?

I have a 5spd 95 s14 with upgraded 10.5mm ground spark plug wires, NGK spark plugs, Intake, electric fan, 4-2-1 headers, 2.5" straight pipe exhaust, Aluminum radiator, back seats out of car, j30 vlsd.
I max out my speedometter 120mph @ 6200rpm on 5th
I stop going cause no point when you dont know how fast your going

How much is the difference in speed on the speedometer and the wheels moving. Sometimes i am wondering when police are driving by.

my speedo goes up way faster then it should with my 195/50/15s like it says im doin 90 but im crusin with traffic at maybe 70-75. so im thinkin its like 10-15 miles faster with the tiny tires

if its stock, its got fuel cut at like 116 or something. if you have stock gearing in the rear and a stock tranny, It probally wont do more than 150, if that.

not if its auto :D or if its 5spd with a auto ECU :bigthumbu

but umm id say you should be able to get up to 125ish 130 on a LONG strip lmfao i know i was going around 120 on I4 in Orlando ( lol keeping up with traffic a MINIVAN passed me! ) that was long ago though hahaha.

I have a 5spd 95 s14 with upgraded 10.5mm ground spark plug wires, NGK spark plugs, Intake, electric fan, 4-2-1 headers, 2.5" straight pipe exhaust, Aluminum radiator, back seats out of car, j30 vlsd.
I max out my speedometter 120mph @ 6200rpm on 5th
I stop going cause no point when you dont know how fast your going

something sounds off? i could wrap my speedo in my S13 bout 3 years ago in 4th at about 4500 - 5k rpm... 4th should get you well over 120...

Last edited:
Yea i was reaching 109mph in fourth i would gain about 1-2 mph about every 100rpms so i think fourth will get me to about 118 or less.....with an auto ecu of course haha.

i say someone just get in there s-chassis and go test it and see how fast? why the ?'s lol

Back
Top Bottom