2013 Formula Drift Schedule [OFFICIAL]

Wrecked Magazine

IMG_5941-2-620x413.jpg
Sadly it appears the 2013 Formula Drift schedule will lose Las Vegas Motor Speedway and it will be replaced with Texas Motor Speedway during the same time frame. Quite a bummer to still be at seven events for 2013 and otherwise the schedule has no major changes. Here is the season list below:

April 11/12th – Streets of Long Beach
May 10/11th – Road Atlanta
May 31/June1 – Palm Beach International Raceway
June 21/22 – New Jersey (no venue specified)
July 20/21- Evergreen Speedway (Seattle, Washington)
August/September – Texas Motor Speedway
October 11/12 – Irwindale Speedway

More...

2 events, 1 month?

fuck

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

i also want to know more news on vaughn not being with falken anymore.

what tire company do you guys see him with now?

Anyone else notice that these dates are different from pro am? No pro am during FD anymore... which makes travel plans to both harder.. lol

its possible that SWD used last years dates to approximate. They will have to adjust as there is no way that they can afford to rent out the track for just ProAm. just my guess.

Umm, I just looked at the SWD Pro/Am schedule, and it looks like they are running FD and Pro/Am together. So you guys are good.

Schedule.
http://www.streetwisedrift.com/?page_id=14

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Also, as much as I love watching the Time Attack cars running, I hope they stay out of the FD events, and give the Pro/Am guys more track time to learn the layout. Time Attack was a good filler for the spectators, and I know spectators are where the money is for FD, but it's not fair to some guys that can barely afford the trips and entry fees to some of these events and only give them like 5 practice runs.

time attack was the gayest shit ever. I dont want to see that with FD

[/COLOR]Also, as much as I love watching the Time Attack cars running, I hope they stay out of the FD events, and give the Pro/Am guys more track time to learn the layout. Time Attack was a good filler for the spectators, and I know spectators are where the money is for FD, but it's not fair to some guys that can barely afford the trips and entry fees to some of these events and only give them like 5 practice runs.

Long beach only has 1 hour of practice before qualifying. If you need time to figure out how to get around the track, you probably shouldn't be trying to get a professional drifting license.

Long beach only has 1 hour of practice before qualifying. If you need time to figure out how to get around the track, you probably shouldn't be trying to get a professional drifting license.

well thats pro level, it makes a little more sense that you should be able to handle it but still, a hour with only 1-2 people helping makes it really difficult to change any settings and try something new without losing 1-2 of your 6 or so runs. you can't tell me you wouldn't appreiciate more practice runs, if nothing else but to have more fun driving more, let alone the competition benefit of getting more practice.

and he said proam, the dudes learning. how would they jump from cfrc/countyline to fd if they dont get real track time on real tracks. don't forget we all need as much track time as possible to improve... just "making it around the track" isn't what you want to aim for of course.

well thats pro level, it makes a little more sense that you should be able to handle it but still, a hour with only 1-2 people helping makes it really difficult to change any settings and try something new without losing 1-2 of your 6 or so runs. you can't tell me you wouldn't appreiciate more practice runs, if nothing else but to have more fun driving more, let alone the competition benefit of getting more practice.

and he said proam, the dudes learning. how would they jump from cfrc/countyline to fd if they dont get real track time on real tracks. don't forget we all need as much track time as possible to improve... just "making it around the track" isn't what you want to aim for of course.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The main issue with practice time for me was for FD PBIR. Where it was a completely new layout (that was adjusted later) and ProAm only got 5 runs. The other tracks have been around and you can go into those events with a basic idea/info on how to run them and adjust from there. Next time around I predict even with 5-6runs for FD PBIR it will run a little more smoothly, since the layout will probably be the same. The ProAm drivers now know how to drive it.

In my eyes, the only reason to drive pro am is to get a professional drifting license. Idk, maybe im crazy, but thats why I drove pro am.
And still, if you get a license, and arnt ready to go pro, your gonna drive pro am again....then you're gonna have people pitching fits about a "Pro" driver driving pro am. Pro am is like seriously a whine fest. Theres like a handful of dudes that are there to just rip and get their license, then theres the whiners, then theres the small group of dudes that are just having fun.

Back
Top Bottom