2008 D1PG USA still happening?

what are you talking about, formula d took over in 2004. d1 has left everyone hanging for 3 years straight now.

dont make promises you cant keep. anything outside irwindale that d1 announces shoudl be looked at as tentative always.

Yea, that email was sent out to anyone who was dealing with D1 USA. Everything is up in the air right now...... so who knows.... -crosses fingers-

but there has been changes that i personally dont agree with. ive been readin the regulations for d1 and noticed that have been letting FWD drifting.I dont know if that is still creditable but in my opinion they are sliding not drifting. but them again who gives a flying f*ck i dont own a fwd so it dont matter.

Drifting is oversteering. If it has angle, speed and it follows a certain line, then why the hell not. Now the use of handicaps in judging considerations is a whole other discussion.

but fwd have a whole different like set up, no early entry get close to clipping point type stuff? I've never seen fwd in d1 ive just read about it.

I had seen videos of an EF Civic in it.

It is up to the driver of the car to maximize its ability to drift. In the end, they chose their platform... so they have to make sure it is able to perform in a competitive manner.

thats the way it should be they choose it so why give them a handicap. its like going to war with just a knife " hey dont shoot that guy, he only has a knife."

...... I said the drivetrain IS the handicap, I did not say the handicap should be treated as one.

DUDOCIUS said:
WOW, we are reading articles from a writer who cant even spell, lol..
CAPTIAN of the ship...lol OMFG
this was a very educated thread i assembled, ok!?

so what cut the guy some cheese and pretend you didnt real that miss spell....

OH wow, this writer guy is a real genius... Thanks.. ralphie for hooking us up with such a great article

DUDOCIUS said:
OH wow, this writer guy is a real genius... Thanks.. ralphie for hooking us up with such a great article
you being sarcastic? this is semi new to me so i thought it was pretty interesting...

yea for similar reasons -it is why when i spoke to FEDERAL Tire at SEMA I told them D1US is very shaky and cancels many events here.

"the japs weren't open to new ideas"
i would'nt be either if i saw Rhys Millen trying to drift a stadium truck...c'on they're gonna make the sport look retarded. Drifting is "CARS" sliding not stadium trucks. I think that D1 made a good decision in trying to stay consistent and not change anything

Back
Top Bottom