1jz misfiring need help.

mr.chaka

Spectator
i finally got my non vvti 1jz started but its running like complete shit. its stock ecu with stock twins. 255 walbropump. i changed the plugs with ngk bkr7e. im pretty sure the coils are fine and timing is good. i tried 2 different harnesses with the same luck. if i try to give it gas it just seems to want to die. i need some help.

[ame]http://youtu.be/cpMDz7tQSso[/ame]

1. Did you gap the plugs when you changed them?
2. Could be a wiring issue I believe. What was done to the wiring?
3.once again check timing and check the coils for any cracks. Even small ones can cause it to lose spark

1. Did you gap the plugs when you changed them?
2. Could be a wiring issue I believe. What was done to the wiring?
3.once again check timing and check the coils for any cracks. Even small ones can cause it to lose spark

1. theyre the right ones. no need for gaping.. .28
2. i tried mine and my friends harness with the same problem so i know its not wiring.
3 i double checked timing and tried the coils in a friends car. they work.

i sprayed brake cleaner in the intake and it ran so. its the injectors. i unpluged one and it has 12v to both sides of they clip. but from the ecu i have an injector pulse...so could the injectors be fried? and im going to try to get some other ones today to try.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

open up the ecu and check if the capacitors are leaking.

how would i even check that?

Shit has rodknock because its not a 2jz! Bitch!

woah calm down dude you have an NA 2j

1. theyre the right ones. no need for gaping.. .28
2. i tried mine and my friends harness with the same problem so i know its not wiring.
3 i double checked timing and tried the coils in a friends car. they work.

i sprayed brake cleaner in the intake and it ran so. its the injectors. i unpluged one and it has 12v to both sides of they clip. but from the ecu i have an injector pulse...so could the injectors be fried? and im going to try to get some other ones today to try.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

how would i even check that?

woah calm down dude you have an NA 2j

Lol NA-t fag. I remember when I posted for help on the forums. Cute..

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

And on a serious note. The injectors have 12v on one wire and the ecu sends signal by ground. You shouldn't have 12v on both wires...

Yea both sides shouldn't have 12v. I would go with what home skillet said and check the ecu for the leaking caps

I think he means that he has 12v on each side of the clip on the same wire but just making sure. It's really simple, pull fuel rail with injectors on them and start it up and watch if they are spraying. There is a injector pulse light kit at harbor frieght that's pretty cheap. You put a light in the injector plug and when the ecu sends the ground signal the light will complete the circuit and flash. That way you know your getting the signal and then you pull the rail and make sure the injectors are spraying, if not then injectors are bad. I'd do that before I check the ecu. It's uncommon for a ecu to fail.

Eric I agree that it's uncommon for an ecu to fail however it seems toyota got screwed over with the supplier of those capacitors because they really don't last. Mine were leaking causing a similar problem and there are many others online with the same problem.

The way the circuit is done for the injectors they have 12v on both wire when they are closed. This is to insure that they close, if you dont do a 12v "pull up" they will be in a in between high/low state which goes against the idea that they are open/closed devices.

Altough none of this rules out bad injectors.

bro i just took off the twins on my 2j which is outta the car... PITA doesnt even begin to describe it... couldnt imagine doing that job while its in the car

Back
Top Bottom