Where should I buy my sr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onevia

Ok, I have searched, and can't find much info on this. Where is the best place to get a reliable sr20det from? I want answers from people who have sr's or have experience doing swaps etc. Please guys, need to get some genuine feedback here, getting ready to buy one. And KA-T guys don't flame me. I have done lots of research on both setups and the sr will be a better and more reliable choice for what I am doing. I will be drifting it, but also it's my daily. Thanx

Last edited:
Im the last one to talk smack about anyone or anything but i had a friend buy an sr a couple of weeks ago at jdm of miami that had severe rod knock. Went back to get another and had rod knock again. mind you he was doing the swap himself so you can imagine the inconvinience. Went back for another and the turbo took a crap 2 weeks after.

personally I would go to drag international. you pay more but I myself havent heard anything bad about them and my friends and I have bought like 40 grand worth of stuff all together with never a problem. lol.

ZenkiS14 said:
Im the last one to talk smack about anyone or anything but i had a friend buy an sr a couple of weeks ago at jdm of miami that had severe rod knock. Went back to get another and had rod knock again. mind you he was doing the swap himself so you can imagine the inconvinience. Went back for another and the turbo took a crap 2 weeks after.

personally I would go to drag international. you pay more but I myself havent heard anything bad about them and my friends and I have bought like 40 grand worth of stuff all together with never a problem. lol.

+1

I got my motor from JDMof Miami and has not given me any problems..... But i have also heard alot of good things from Drag Int....

i bought mine from e-bay lol yeah i took a chance but came out on top since my car had a 3 puck sprung excedy clutch that was pretty fresh and it came with a t-28 mind u i bought a redtop:bigthumbu

drftns14 said:

Drag is First Hand. BMPC Might get there motors from Larry at Drag DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT. I SAID MIGHT. I have yet to talk with BMPC about motors. I worked with Larry at Drag for a few years and have known him a very long time. Jordan also a great guy from Drag. Larry is always on top of things when it comes to problems with the motors if any may exist.

I bought my last motor from JDM of Miami. It cranked up first turn no problems. (Ofcourse it did go into a real S13 Silvia) Although the guyu who bought it had experienced problems a few days after I sold the car/installed the motor. Ofcourse it could simply be a kid with a boosted car and a girl in the passanger seat hot dogging up the interstate and blew it. Ofcourse he conveniantly did not wath the temp gauge. Who knows.

Anywhere you go GET A PRINTED or HAND WRITEN RECIEPT and BOS and a 30 Day Garentte in WRITING and SIGNED! Cover your ass.

BTW STAY AWAY FROM RICKYs

+1 on drag..... i got mine there a while ago.....ran great.....started right up....CLEAN as fuck....u get wut u pay for....

I bought mine at drag, my ass hurt after how much I paid, but I NEVER had a problem with that engine after 2 years of Street/track drifting and dailying everyday. good luck

elliotmac said:
XAT wont sell you just the motor. They'll only do it if hey do the swap as well, i was going to buy one from them.

shitty.

Last edited:
i heard jdm of miami gets their motors from the junkyards.. i rather pay the extra 500$ and get it from an actual running auction car :D

z4k said:

Drag is First Hand. BMPC Might get there motors from Larry at Drag DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT. I SAID MIGHT. I have yet to talk with BMPC about motors. I worked with Larry at Drag for a few years and have known him a very long time. Jordan also a great guy from Drag. Larry is always on top of things when it comes to problems with the motors if any may exist.

I bought my last motor from JDM of Miami. It cranked up first turn no problems. (Ofcourse it did go into a real S13 Silvia) Although the guyu who bought it had experienced problems a few days after I sold the car/installed the motor. Ofcourse it could simply be a kid with a boosted car and a girl in the passanger seat hot dogging up the interstate and blew it. Ofcourse he conveniantly did not wath the temp gauge. Who knows.

Anywhere you go GET A PRINTED or HAND WRITEN RECIEPT and BOS and a 30 Day Garentte in WRITING and SIGNED! Cover your ass.

BTW STAY AWAY FROM RICKYs

Are you talking about Ricky next to SFP.....

dan said:
i heard jdm of miami gets their motors from the junkyards.. i rather pay the extra 500$ and get it from an actual running auction car :D

EVEN dou i trust drag. and will prob use them as well. drag gets theyr engines from crashed cars ... just like the cars u would see in a junk yard. ...........

i have dealt with everyone menitioned and i would say drag is best but you do pay for it, jdm last motor i got had a blown turbo. i also know the person they were talking about that got like 3 shitty motors the last one was fine but since he kept having to change them out he had jdm pay JG to put it in and they put the wastegate hose on wrong witch caused him to overboost and blow the turbo. rickys is shady just stop by his shop and you will see how he has motors laying around on the floor on there oil pans!!!!. last motor we got from drag was great condition best red top we ever got!

Ps Mecca Motorsports is working on importing motors, we are expecting our 1st import CAR in a few weeks still trying to work out a deal for motors!!! stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom