What ever happened to rocking open diffs?

rwdrift

Erick Mahle
Driver
I look back and remember when everyone and their mom were open diff, sliding like crazy. Juan (xero240) was the first one to get an LSD, and then it slowly took over.

I know I have been on an LSD for a while.... but I dont seem to understand why people swear they cannot drift without LSD. I have over a year practicing on open diffs.

I have heard many mentions of getting LSDs before drifting and that drifting just isnt possible without one. NOT TRUE. To anyone who wants to drift, just go all out on whatever you have.... it is very possible... I've done it for a year in my e30, and several others have done it well on their s13s.

Seems like people are more interested in doing donuts in first gear than actual drifting. :boring:

/rant

+ FUCKING ONE....i feel the same way....you can still practice and learn how your car moves without lsd....

Exit Drift w/ stock differential baby. I learned the basics with a stock s13 coupe, no LSD. Some people just give shit too much thought before actually going out to a spot and hitting it up. They read too much Super Street and Sport Compact Car instead of just going out there and learning from experience.

Last edited:
this forum doesnt support any kind of drug use, LSD is drug and in no way we are going to allow our members to talk or post about it.

lol.....i got a 2 way now....i cant wait to see wut the fuss is about....

Yeah I've only drifted 2 cars that weren't open diffs and that was seans S12 which is a welded and an RX8 which was a hlsd Ive never tried a 2way i bet its awesome though

2 years drifting opens 3 S12's 1 Z31 1 RA65 1 MA46

LSD is for n00bs

JiujitsuDrift said:
Low speed drift sound FTW!

Yeah actually the trick to drifting open diff is VERY fast entry to gain momentum to slide through the whole corner

Like no lift entrys

i rocked a 20v ae86 w/ open diff for over a year but adding a TRD unit was the greatest thing i did to that car...i also drifted the hell out of my e30 on an open diff then i bought a shorter gear ratio lsd rearend but sold the car before i put it in.

lsd is a hell of a drug.

Yeah like when I drove seans welded I was like yup I could live with it if it put me sideways like that LOL

Back
Top Bottom