What all do I need to change my car from a 91 ka to a 96 ka

I know I need engine , harness, and ecu. What all else do I need. I will be using my Aem Ems on this engine should work great...

why the swap ? is it cuz the motor went bad ? in that case you should use the same harness and same ecu just change the distributor.you should have all the old stuff like mass air,ecu ,distibutor from the old motor.in the end you win.s14 motors have higher commpression then s13's but they only red line at 6400 s13 red line at 7000 by swapping motors and keeping the old ecu and shit you will be able to take the s14 motor to 7000 giving you that extra power.just some advice think about it. :bigthumbu

also while your at it change the oil pan gasket. the gasket and gasket sealent are 10 bucks together.change the valve cover gasket too.also motor mounts to since it's all in the open.give your engine bay a good cleaning change all your fluids and change spark plugs and fuel filter .always when swapping motors give the motor a good tune up. if you can change the water pump and thermostat.do all this and you'll avoid lots of headaches and have your self i nice running ka.

My altima I am running on it rite now a full turbonetics setup with a AEM standalone ECU, 3.5 bar map , wideband o2. I just bought this 240 and want to put a 96 motor in. My timing chain went and I don't feel like fixing the shit so I am getting a new motor.

YOU NEED TO put the 91 intake manifold on the 96 motor and use the 91 ecu, harness,distributor/coil and maf on the 96 motor and thats it!

Back
Top Bottom