Transmission

KiNgFp

My first gear grinds nasty unless im stopped... or even sometimes when im stoped it still grinds, and some times 2nd and 3rd gear are hard to shift into... put clutch fluid... now i jus wanna add/change transmission fluid before i start panicing and go out and get a whole new tranny...
i looked under the car and couldnt figure out where 2 put the tranny fluid
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

95 240sx KA

make sure you clutch pedal/master is set properly, if you arn't getting the clutch to fully disengage then it would result to that. could be syncros going

your clutch pedal could be it or you slave cylinder. but you need to check you tranny first to see if it needs gear fluid before adding any. you do that by taking of the top drain plug which is on the driver side of your tranny and sticking your finger in the hole to see if it has gear fluid in it. if not drain it with the bottom drain plug and get a little oil pump thing from the auto parts store and fill up the tranny via the top drain plug until it over fills...
ps it will get dirty and gear fluid smell like shit.

thanks guys, i love this forum yo. i couldnt find help anywhere else. im gonna try the fluid first then f*ck with the pedal

KiNgFp said:
U guys r the shat

dose that mean you fixed the problem?

what mranlet said, if your clutch pedal dose not totally disengage the transmission wont want to shift.

the fill for the transmission is on the drivers side, it looks like the drain plug just on the side.

Dont expect first gear to go in nicely all the time while rolling.

Back
Top Bottom