Top Gear USA Drifting

I just watched the season premiere of Top Gear USA, and I am totally excited for this show. I think with Tanner Foust being on the show and drifting everything, it'll bring a lot of publicity to our sport. And the show seems to have the same awesome formula as Top Gear UK without all the 'merica bashing. What'd everyone think of all the drifting action and the show in general?

I still don't think that it is as good as current UK TG episodes, but if you look back to some of the early UK episodes it kind of sucked as well. I went into this episode with an open mind and I still chuckled and enjoined most of the show, but it's still missing that UK swagger of doing crazy and rowdy things, but maybe they're just building it up for future episodes.

Even as dry as Tanner Foust is, I think'll bring some more exposure to drifting, especially with the next episode.

I thought it was alright.

It's Top Gear America, not Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson, stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

I actually really enjoyed it, mainly because I thought it would be way worse than it was. They really need to work on the cinematography and alot of what they say in car feels too scripted and forced but its still the best car show the USA has ever produced, I know thats not saying much really but its still not that bad.

have you seen top gear Australia? the first episodes of that show blew ass way worse than the us show.

I feel like a toll for saying this but i have yet to find the episodes. i missed the 1st episode so i couldnt DVR it and i still dont know what channel it was on. lmao.

the drifting segment in the 2nd episode sucked ass. It was insulting to drifting and did not demonstrate what drifitng really is.

the drifting segment in the 2nd episode sucked ass. It was insulting to drifting and did not demonstrate what drifitng really is.

yes, true. it re-enforced the idea that its idiots, spinning out, hitting things, in open lots.

More and more people can now claim "Yeah man, I'm a drifter, I do that shit ill son!"

as opposed to...?

i can almost guarantee that some dude comes up to me at every event, talking about how he is such a good drifter and has been doing it "since before it was called drifting" and "i take out my dads old camaro when he falls asleep and I pickup hookers and we go drifting on the interstate" or some other story. not to say all people that claim to drift are full of baloney, but there is always that one guy that just lies or has no clue what he is talking about.

now if they see that, they are re-assured that their fail ass donuts and clutch slippin burnouts, are drifting.

Last edited:
yea, most everyone who oversteers and kicks up a little smoke thinks they're drifting or a drifter. they dont understand its an art form, and the real skill comes from controlling precisely the amount of oversteer around a set course. like everyone can take a pencil to paper and draw something but its not until they create beauty can they call themselves an artist.

Last edited:
i can almost guarantee that some dude comes up to me at every event, talking about how he is such a good drifter and has been doing it "since before it was called drifting" and "i take out my dads old camaro when he falls asleep and I pickup hookers and we go drifting on the interstate" or some other story. not to say all people that claim to drift are full of baloney, but there is always that one guy that just lies or has no clue what he is talking about.

now if they see that, they are re-assured that their fail ass donuts and clutch slippin burnouts, are drifting.

thats what im saying, these guys are gonna think what they want anyways.. but im with you on this one.

I think im the only one who really thinks Tanner Foust is awesome.

Tanner's cool bro, awesome driver and all that, would love to be him...

all anyone's saying is that he's more suited to hosting shows like "supercars exposed", as he tends to use more of a straight edge type of narration...

i think if he was like the fat dude, and just relaxed, and became just a dude in a car, he would do a lot better... he'd prob just used to the scripting of a more serious show like "SE"...

still gonna watch every episode, thank god for DVR though, cause i watch The Walking Dead at 10, then i watch the recorded TGUS afterwards +1 for no commercials...

as for the drifting segment, i was anticipating something more bad ass (tanners doughnut intro was cool...)... instead of a couple dudes spinning out on a skid pad... although the blind guy flipping a bitch was pretty bad ass...

it represent drifting for shit though, like box said, now everyone who does a doughnut is gonna be a mad tyte drifter, and like his story, i get a lot of rednecks around here talking about thier drifting and how they've been doing it for years on the dirt back roads in thier jacked up trucks...

I think Tanner is just being himself, which might be a little straight-edge and cocky, but it's kinda funny to see him with these other guys cracking jokes on him. The contests were designed for non-drifters to attempt 3 basic tricks. I don't think anyone expected any of the guys besides Tanner and the blind comedian to do anything cool. Tanner established that he's a drifting badass on the show already, but apparently he has to do it every episode.

Back
Top Bottom