Tire size issues

I guess this is a noob question so please bear with me, well i just purchased 15x8 wheels and was thinking about getting 225/50-15 tires. Will I still be able to slip the tires and drift with only 150hp? and should i put the 225s on all tires or make the front tires 215s? BTW the tires are BFGoodrich G force sports...are they any good? Thanks in advance and I apologize for my noobness

G force Sports are awesome tires, that or the AVS ES100s are my next buy, 225s with those tires would be pretty hard to drift with, with only 150hp with 150whp maybe, i would go wtih 205/55/15s slightly stretched on teh 8inch wide wheels would look ncie and you will be able to drift.

Personally i would go with 205/55/15s all around with AVS ES,FM 901's, or the G froce Sports in the front, the best rear tires i have drifted on for the rear are the Kumho 711s or the Falken Ziex's, and the bst IMO the michillen MXV4's predictiable grip with VERy low grip, there just kidna expensive brand new.

S13 Slide said:
G force Sports are awesome tires, that or the AVS ES100s are my next buy, 225s with those tires would be pretty hard to drift with, with only 150hp with 150whp maybe, i would go wtih 205/55/15s slightly stretched on teh 8inch wide wheels would look ncie and you will be able to drift.

Personally i would go with 205/55/15s all around with AVS ES,FM 901's, or the G froce Sports in the front, the best rear tires i have drifted on for the rear are the Kumho 711s or the Falken Ziex's, and the bst IMO the michillen MXV4's predictiable grip with VERy low grip, there just kidna expensive brand new.

Ok thanks for the info bro! Btw the 150hp is at the crank, so probably a weak 130hp at the wheels lol. So what do you think about the 205s being up front and 215s in the back? And the G forces are really the only tire I can afford now, so just go with it? Thanks!

listen....i would go with any size tire you can fit on those...because it will save you in the rain and such...this is your only car right? drifting is also about grip in the right places...such as accelerating for the next turn , etc. put whatever you can fit/afford and try to see if you can goof off till you get comfy and you can handle losing control without crashing...cus you will lose control the first couple times...that's my advice...

Back
Top Bottom