Team Orange Refuse to Tandem at D1GP Chicago and More!?

Wrecked Magazine

blacks14.allstarbash.jpg

According to some reports from fans, drivers, and people closely linked to teams have filled me in on what seems to be a mess of epic proportions. The event really fell apart when the Tanaka Vs. Wang battle took place. Apparently Forrest Wang defeated Tanaka and the Japanese drivers went insane. They demanded a OMT and were not issued it. Kumakubo was scheduled to battle Forrest Wang in the top 4 and refused to run a tandem battle with him.I understand being upset about a bad call but what poor sportsman ship that is from the Team Orange camp which is a huge disappointment to not only us at Wrecked Magazine but the thousands of fans who paid money to watch them drift.
Apparently a fan I spoke with says the crowd got wind of the activities and started “booing” and chanting “bullshit.” Then it appeared that Nomuken was going to refuse to run as well passing Forrest Wang into a victory. Eventually Nomuken came out and tandemed with Forrest Wang which drew a OMT. Then Nomuken cleanly earned a victory for the night. One thing neglected was a third place run however and somehow Harri Hokkanen was just issued third place without any formal runs.
Mind you this is a story we pieced together from several people’s experience that we trust who were either fans or people we have known and worked with for some time. We will keep you updated on this story as more information comes out from the D1GP USA party and the others involved. As for now it looks like we just have a ton of unanswered questions on our table.
UPDATE: Now being told I down played the drama with the finals between Nomuken and Wang. Fans waited around 20 minutes they say for the tandem battle to occur. Wang was staged and ready and Nomuken was not coming to the line and it took around 20 minutes for this to happen.

More...

and will anyone of these japs get fine $10,000? geeey. between fd and d1gp politics, we are fucked and going to always be a grassroots sport..:(

I've said it since before the first event that they were going to fail misarably, that it would just turn into Nopi all over again.

Wow, they better fine/ban them. If one guy gets that for trash talk on net, these guys failed to represent the sport and series at the event that people paid to see.

^^ I agree. But since theyre "Japanese Drifters" probably nothing will happen. =/

wtf this is mad frustrating we think florida fails hahaha drifting fails thats the real issue here

The Japanese are sore losers when it comes to something that is predominately of their own. I experienced this when I lived in Japan, and while this is most certainly not always the case in this sport and others it is sad to see Kuma and Crew as well as Nomuken being pansy little girls about it.

The thing is, its ok for everyone to want to drift and get good at it but when it comes down to the Japanese being the best in the sport they dont want to lose. You could call it and elitist attitude of sorts that they have. If any of you have ever seen the Option Video with Vaughn Gittin Jr. winning D1 vs. USA a few years back you can see Daijiro Inada after a specific run where one of the D1 drivers did not perform to his upmost capability and he just shook his head in dissapointment.

His last name is WANG . . . who cares if he wins or not....just sit back and laugh at his last name if that makes any better. . . it did for me, LOL! And WANG's car looks like crap compared to when it was here!

Shit was such a fucking joke. They were all Lil cry baby girls. The reason tanaka and Forrest did a one more time was because "tanaka didn't see Harri stage him." that was bullllshit. Harri made direct eye contact and put his finger up, then sent em. Tanaka didn't have his car revved up and ready to launch, so Forrest just rode out on him.
I got insanely fucked up drunk and ripped my shirt off and was screaming USA at deigo and his friends. Then got his buddy to rip his shirt off. It was amazing.

Shit was such a fucking joke. They were all Lil cry baby girls. The reason tanaka and Forrest did a one more time was because "tanaka didn't see Harri stage him." that was bullllshit. Harri made direct eye contact and put his finger up, then sent em. Tanaka didn't have his car revved up and ready to launch, so Forrest just rode out on him.
I got insanely fucked up drunk and ripped my shirt off and was screaming USA at deigo and his friends. Then got his buddy to rip his shirt off. It was amazing.

vids or pix pat or it NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

btw were you YOU? or joe dirt at the event lmao

Back
Top Bottom