tail lights issue

carcrazee

Driver
ok so a few weeks ago i noticed that my drivers side tail light went out at night(some guy told me) , i noticed that its only out wen the lights are on, the parking lights are on till i hit the brake and they go off, release the brake and they go back on, in the day time all 4 brake lights turn on properly, its only wen i have the lights on (headlights etc..) is wen they decide to not work, could it be a bad ground? a short maybe? ill post a video if nobody understands wat im sayin lol

thanks for looking

Try swapping in a bulb you know is good.

If it still does it then I would guess short or ground. I would start at the socket and look for loose ground or pins.

If not then might have to trace the wire back

Try swapping in a bulb you know is good.

If it still does it then I would guess short or ground. I would start at the socket and look for loose ground or pins.

If not then might have to trace the wire back

i replaced those bulbs already and checked for anything loose and it was all tight, i wana say its the little clip connector thing but im not 100% on it, bc i can hit the tailght and itl turn on, so it might be a loose connection idk, im going to try to try hard wiring it around the clip wen i have time, its also not as bright as the passenger side soo it might not even be getting proper volts

Its a coupe, for some reason the sockets are worse then the hatch ones. If anything do what estie said and clean up the socket with some fine sandpaper and electrical cleaner and hope it clears up otherwise ill try and help you out if I still have hatch sockets we can mod to try out

mine does it too. the ground tabs on the taillight panel that sits in the housing. they melt the plastic underneath and it makes its way inbetween the bolt and the tab and makes a weak contact.. I had massive taillight malfunctions until i took everything apart , removed the melted plastic,. and cleaned all sockets and connectors

mine does it too. the ground tabs on the taillight panel that sits in the housing. they melt the plastic underneath and it makes its way inbetween the bolt and the tab and makes a weak contact.. I had massive taillight malfunctions until i took everything apart , removed the melted plastic,. and cleaned all sockets and connectors

bingo

Back
Top Bottom