Subwoofer acting funny... hits when hazards are on, etc.

benarovi

ricer
Driver
why do u write a story for evertying that goes wrong with ur car nobodys gonna read all that just sayin
take it to steve bet heel figure it out in 10 min

About a month ago at the skidpad, i took my subwoofer and amp out of the car and put it in my friends SUV since he was spectating. I took out the fuse from the battery to the amp so the wires werent charged, and tucked all the wires (RCA and remote wire) neatly by the rear strut tower. Somehow, at the end of the night, the wires ended up underneath my spare tire... and were getting tugged on and yanked, etc.

When i hooked everything back up, the bass would come on really strange. It wouldnt hit when it was supposed to, and then it would hit when its not supposed to. If i turned the subwoofer off from the head unit, it would still randomly hit at wierd times and frequencies, and any time i either hit the brakes, turn the lights on, put my blinkers on, put my dome light on, put my hazards on, etc... the sub would hit every time each light would flick on or off.

I got tired of it and just disconnected the fuse untill i could change the RCA wires and remote (amp turn-on) wire. I figured that should fix the problem. I bought brand new gold tipped RCA wires and got a new wire from a friend for the amp turn on. I connected everything yesterday before work, just to find out its still doing the same thing.

With the sub off from the head unit, it would still hit randomly, and even if i had the volume at 0, if i were to put the hazards on, you would just hear the sub go "boom BOOM boom BOOM boom BOOM" etc...

Anyone have any idea on what could be going on? Changing the wires didnt do anything. I left the hazards on to try and diagnose the problem. If i unplugged one of the RCA wires the volume of the "boom" from the hazards would decrease by half, and if i took them both out, they would stop completley. When i plugged em back in you would again hear the subs hit with the hazards. Same with the remote turn-on wire. I made sure any of the wires weren't pinched or kinked in any weird way, and i made sure everything were plugged in and connected right and nothing was loose or wiggly. Everything was fine... so there has to be something else in the equation that i cant figure

Anyone have any idea whats going on? Anything helps, thanks

why do u write a story for evertying that goes wrong with ur car nobodys gonna read all that just sayin
take it to steve bet heel figure it out in 10 min

Its not a story, its info that will help anyone whos good on this be able to get a better idea of what the problem could be or how it happened.

and i already asked steve, he thinks its the head unit, but i doubt it.

well
u can doubt wat i say.....:laugh:
but most likely its the ground gone bad to the mosfet circuit inside radio
seen and heard it a hundred times

well

the mosfet is the mini amp to the speakers no? everything with the speakers is fine, its only with the sub

and i know you said they take a shit randomly, but i doubt its coincidence that it happens to be at the same time those wires got tugged and yanked on, that's why im thinking there's another factor that caused something to go wrong that i cant think of

well

Had the same problem and issues with mine Sketchy, for me ^ this was the problem..

Why do you fucking ask questions, when no matter what anyone tells you, you disagree. If you knew what you were doing, your car wouldn't be broken all the god damn time.

well

Yup, you're right. Looking into it more and testing different possibilities, it seems like this is probably it. However, i still doubt it "randomly took a shit" like you were saying the other day, i still think theres an actual reason that caused it to short.

Even though i discharged the power wire from the battery to the amp by taking out the fuse, the remote wire still had some power from the head unit, so maybe it hit one of the RCAs and caused a short in some way... i really dont know, but from what im finding out, its cheaper and easier to get a new head unit than try to fix it

Had the same problem and issues with mine Sketchy, for me ^ this was the problem..

Good to know, this actually helps. Thank you for not being an ignorant retard :bigthumbu

Just curious, was it a pioneer?

Why do you fucking ask questions, when no matter what anyone tells you, you disagree. If you knew what you were doing, your car wouldn't be broken all the god damn time.

Lol oh god, i feel like responding to posts like these actually lower my IQ. Here we go.

First off, whats wrong with wanting to try all possibilities, and narrow down the problem before jumping to conclusions? Why would i spend my money on a new head unit before making sure the problem isn't somewhere else?

Any "Just because" information is way harder to believe than information backed up by reasons, examples, or facts. Unless you are retarded, you should understand my logic on this.

Most of the time if someone explains something and it makes sense, ill take there word and look into it, and they may be right. At the same time, people sometimes talk out of their ass, and say what they've heard without knowing shit about it, and they may be wrong. Both happen.

And im not referring to steve when i say that, from my experience, he knows his stuff. Im talking about people in general, especially ignorant retards on this forum who love talking shit so much, but barley know shit themselves.

I only disagree or try to keep looking for the problem if theres a reason to. There's countless times where the suggestion everyone gives me is wrong and its something completley different from what they say. So tell me how that makes me the dumb one?

Has mommy never taught you not to believe everything you hear? :ugh: Since when was everything "the other guy" told you always right? Have you ever heard of people being wrong before? It happens.

benarovi said:
should be banned from the tech section

Lol, ben, seriously? Like you know any better? Didnt you make a thread about your tail light fuse blowing after i kept telling you it was a short? You finally asked steve and sure enough it was a short. Didnt you also just make a thread about your window fuse blowing every time you started the car on your s14? You shouldnt be talking.

Last edited:
yea thats 2 threads and i didnt write some fucking story. u make a long ass thread for every little problem on ur piece of shit whats good
and when people tell me something i dont dissagree with it i go and try it out

like i said, its not a story. Its to help someone who knows their shit (not you) figure out what caused the problem and/or what the problem could be. Its also stating the shit that ive already tried, so they dont suggest to try something that i already have... "whats good"

and cool dude, want a cookie?

like i said, its not a story. Its to help someone who knows their shit (not you) QUOTE]

thats funny that you say that cuz u always call me asking how to do shit, like take out a fuel pump

Get your facts right, i asked you if it was common sense to change the fuel pump from one sending unit to another if i took it out and looked at it, since i didnt have access to the internet and never have done it before.

I did it the next say and just like you said, you look at it and you know what to do. And im sorry but ive helped you with your fair shair of dumb shit too

Back
Top Bottom