Steering wheel vibration?

Its a 98 Auto kouki bone stock. Steering wheel vibrating at red-light, idle sits at 900 rpm. Motor mount is brand new. I checked alot of thing but still can't find out the problem. Please help! Thanks

Usually the steering wheel vibration occurs when driving due to alignment/bent rim or warped rotors. Being at idle is a bit odd, Have you popped the hood when idling and examined the steering? You said you have a new motor mount, both are new right?Not just 1? If your at 900rpm idle, does it sound smooth or is it a bit rough? One of mine had this problem cause the idle was kinda high and was a bit rough, I adjusted it and it fixed it.

Last edited:
bad driveshaft or driftshaft bushing

Last time I checked the driveshaft isnt turning @ idle :)

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

I'd suggest poppin the hood and simply watching looking for any vibrations or shakey parts - maybe the vibration could be caused by a possible misfire or some loose bolts

Check the steering column for tightness of bolts as well from wheel to rack

tranny mount, subframe/diff bushings, tension rod bushings or stock top strut mount bushing.

i use to get a lot of vibration (idle/driving) until i changed all this stuff out.

Hes got a new trans mount (nismo) along with the motor mounts

Tension rod or strut bushings shouldnt effect the car at a stop

Hes got a new trans mount (nismo) along with the motor mounts

Tension rod or strut bushings shouldnt effect the car at a stop

true but this was also when i got new tires/wheels balanced + hub rings and new rotors and alignment so im also kind of bias at this point. he just needs to give everything a good pass over. if not maybe his steering column bolts are loose?

true but this was also when i got new tires/wheels balanced + hub rings and new rotors and alignment so im also kind of bias at this point. he just needs to give everything a good pass over. if not maybe his steering column bolts are loose?

Wow didn't realize so many replys, thanks everyone for their opinion. But I'll check again for struts bushing, tension rod, and steering column.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Usually the steering wheel vibration occurs when driving due to alignment/bent rim or warped rotors. Being at idle is a bit odd, Have you popped the hood when idling and examined the steering? You said you have a new motor mount, both are new right?Not just 1? If your at 900rpm idle, does it sound smooth or is it a bit rough? One of mine had this problem cause the idle was kinda high and was a bit rough, I adjusted it and it fixed it.

Yea at idle it's a bit rough, but it's sitting at 900rpm when I'm at a red light. Neutral and park car is smooth, Driving is smooth. When I'm comming to a complete stop thats when it start to vibrate.

See what rpm it occurs at. Put ebrakr up and let car bog down, see if it goes away and when. Also, give it gas and see where it occurs?

Back
Top Bottom