Some advice

s0loWkooPi

Trolling hard since '09
Driver
What's up fellow drifters,

I would like to share my experience with you guys because I realize that drifting includes other things besides getting sideways, such as the purchase, and selling of a vehicle. Yes, we all know the process of signing the title away blah blah blah. Here's an extra tip. WHEN YOU SIGNED THE TITLE AWAY TO THE PURCHASER, GO WITH THE PURCHASER TO THE TAG PLACE AND MAKE SURE THAT HE TRANSFERS THE VEHICLE TO HIS NAME. Why you may ask? Well, this might happen:

He doesn't transfer the car to his name

He strips the car and uses it for parts

Ditches the car on the side of the road completely stripped

officers arrive because its pretty fishy that a stripped car ended up on the side of the road

Here's where it hurts:

it gets towed (fee)

it gets stored and left in an impound lot and storage fees get charged daily

Who'se responsible for these fees? Well, the car is still under the seller's name so technically ITS STILL YOURS AND ITS YOUR RESPONSABILITY

Why didn't the purchaser just legally junk it? BECAUSE JUNKYARDS REQUIRE THAT THE TITLE SHOULD BE UNDER YOUR NAME. But that would mean he would have to transfer the car to his name and that would cost him; and the initial reason he purchased the vehicle was to make money of course.

I learned my lesson.

That is all lads,

Leo B.

wow.. that blows - goto the seller and try n squeeze some $$$ outta him - thats bs that he just left it on the side of the road

Notarized bill of sale would have protected you i think.

that too. I just slipped my mind. I mean, its a $500 shell and didn't think it would end up that way specially when I was told that a new motor was gonna be thrown in it and put back on the road. $600 later I learned my lesson.

yea bill of sale might have saved u but...

and when you sign over the title, you wanna keep the top proportion of the title. its your "receipt" saying the car was sold and anything that happens to the car, new signed title owner is liable. (even if the title hasn't been transferred or not)

you dont even have the guys real name that sold it to you huh?

bill of sale with buyers name, signature and license number....done

doesnt have to be notorized

this happened to me as well.

i wouldnt have thown it on the side of the road had you not given me that rash leo

cant u just leave it at the tow yard????
if u dont pay the fee's dont they just keep the car??
or can they come after u if u dont pick it up

cant u just leave it at the tow yard????
if u dont pay the fee's dont they just keep the car??
or can they come after u if u dont pick it up

Yes they keep it but they still charge storage fees and the fee to to it there. Yes, they come after you. Tow yards have agreements with the state of Florida which states that their allowed to place a lean on the owner and what that means is that if you don't pay your debt, the state of Florida won't allow you to renew your tags, drivers license etc.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

wow.. that blows - goto the seller and try n squeeze some $$$ outta him - thats bs that he just left it on the side of the road

Yeah he's a member on this forum.
i wouldnt have thown it on the side of the road had you not given me that rash leo

Well it's not my fault you wanted it raw-dog.

Lol pwned. I mever had a problem with trashing junk cars and I ALWAYS keep the vin plates and titles when I send a car to the junkyard.

Although its your fault for not having him sign the title in your presence and making a copy of the sales record.

Its common sense not advice lol

Yes they keep it but they still charge storage fees and the fee to to it there. Yes, they come after you. Tow yards have agreements with the state of Florida which states that their allowed to place a lean on the owner and what that means is that if you don't pay your debt, the state of Florida won't allow you to renew your tags, drivers license etc.

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Yeah he's a member on this forum.

Well it's not my fault you wanted it raw-dog.

Post names! Buyer Feedback

Back
Top Bottom