SOLID MOTOR MOUNTs?!

BiG MiKE

Driver
What do you guys think about these? I almost bought em but figured id get some feedback first...

DSCN2768a.jpg

Product Information
JTO Super Solid Motor Mounts are done and ready. These are solid CNC T-6061 billet aluminum. These will fit S13 with SR or KA and S14 SR or KA. They are 65 dollars a set which includes the two mounts and all necessary hardware. Install is simple. NO cutting, welding, bending, or drilling needed. Just unbolt old broken dirty mounts, and replace with new shiny solid mounts. Mounts are machine finished (as shown), but are available polished or with a black anodized finish, for an additional $10.

Price: $75.00 now $65.00

Um.. they are supposed to make your car EXTREMELY noisy... we are talking, can't take a chick out on a date because she kick your *** for installing them noisy...

Dam i didnt think anyone would reply this fast... How would mount make ur car noisy? Ive had solid mounts on my old (Cough!)Civic hatch w/b16 and i didnt notice any "noise" just remind u it was FULLY gutted...

i dunno, more power u have the more your motor will want to move. civic mounts and 240 mounts are setup totally different. i wouldnt get them unless it's for a track only car that has been tig welded everywhere for extra rigidity for the chasis. i've heard stories of solid motor mounts tearing chasis pieces apart from having 0 play at all. but ive never had them. ask Drumfunken what he thinks of it as a driver, not as a dristributor of the parts what his honest opinion of them is, he has them on his car I think.

I would get CUSCO or NISMO or even stock OEM nissan over solid. but then again its all about preference just like a welded diff vs vlsd or sr vs kat. it's your car, do whatever you'd like. you never know til you try right?

Just think when you accelerate you motor moves and shifts and something HAS to give. Rubber mount make up for the movement. Solid mounts will not give so what will? The bolts that hold your mount bracket to the motor? Or maybe your subframe? I wouldn't like to be the one to find out. I would go Cusco.

If you do get solid motor mounts, be sure to get something very rigit for the transmission as well. I would just get urethane though unless you are building a track only car, as dan said.

Put it like this, you will never be able to go crusing again, they will be so noisey that the people 10-20 feet away from you will think you have a broken down beater. The only time the noise won't be so bad is when you're out of gear, but as soon as you switch into first you will hear the noise. Go Nismo or Cusco they're really good and you'll get far less noise.

Ummm I love mine....... But you do need to go over your car and tighten just about every bolt every 3 months or so...................

And as far as the torque transfer it all goes to the rear......

So solid motor mounts, solid tranny mount insert, and Subframe spacers = OMG clutch kicks are my new best friend!!!

i had stock motor mounts and it wasn't working to well on my setup .. motor was shifting big time

just put it this way 1st to 2nd and then throwing it into 3rd str8 in the middle and i ended up 5th gear ... so to find 3rd i had to make it seem if i was throwing it into 1st ... well almost into 1st... scary ..

got the solid motor mounts, haven't had a problem since and the idle of the motor is fine... i mean if you are running a car that hasn't had a tune up and its miss firing because of fried plugs, wires, rotor, cap, etc ... yeah you'll been feeling it ... but at least for me i have a steady idle with JWT CAMS and never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom