should i go german.???

240MANSX

i've been interested in an e30. i would like to know if they are easy fixer uppers. are the parts expensive? are they hard to maintain.? :bigthumbu thank.

They are easy to work on. Parts are reasonable. I wouldn't say they are cheap but they aren't too expensive either. They are definately not the most ideal car for drifting. The trailing arm rear suspension design makes for a lot of snap oversteer that is hard to control. 325e's are slower than dog shit, and have a 4,500 RPM redline, so avoid those like the plague. Keep your eye out for an 88-91 325i/iS.

i was thinking the same thing. while i don't think that e30's are as hard as e46/e90's to work on and mod, i'm sure its not as easy as a 240. plus i dunno about the east coast but if finding one in acceptable shape is anything compared to here i wish you good luck.

Im sorry but all you guys are fucking idiots aside from digitalwave. Drifting chick kill yourself you dont know shit about e30's. Misinformation all over this thread i see.

e30 gangsta said:
Im sorry but all you guys are fucking idiots aside from digitalwave. Drifting chick kill yourself you dont know shit about e30's. Misinformation all over this thread i see.

not i cuz i was just messin around....i am german and very expensive....on another note o love all you guys bmers....i think its awsome and even think sometimes bout sellin my tahoe for a newer bmer for my daily. 240man buy what you want....go against the grain of the 240 and experiment a bit!

Bottom line is, it's a preference call. The e30 is as awsome as you deem it to be. If you like how the trailing arm setup works, then it's the car for you.

It's nowhere near as easy as it is building up a 240sx. The hardest part to deal with is coming from a 240's aftermarket support and go to an e30's aftermarket support. Parts are available for reasonable prices, and they cost a bit just like many 240sx parts... people dont take that into consideration because in the drifting community, fixing a problem means buying a used part in the junkyard. By those standards then it costs the same, but many BMW guys usually rather spend the extra dollars to buy a replacement part new.

Now there are ways to go about it... there are many OEM parts distributors that sell quality parts for cheap. Usually there are those who are so short sighted they make the mistake of going to the dealer for prices.

As for models, there have been those who managed to drift even the 325e's and their 4,500rpm. But you'll quickly find yourself limited in what you could do with them. Antti drifted his with a 5,500rpm and with a quick ratio diff, he used to drift in 4th and 5th gear to find power.

There are many models that you can get upgrades from at the junkyard, just like the 240sx.

In the end.. there are those who will love the e30 and there are those who will hate it. If you like ass happy and you want to practice precise steering control and get good with snap oversteer situations, then the e30 is the right car for you. It's challenging, but personally I feel like it's a blast of a challenge the whole time.

- Erick

e30 gangsta said:

why should drifting chick kill her self. why all the anger. did it bother you that she said "YES.." are you mad at the world? because it seems like everything people say bothers you?. you need some respect man. i'm saying this in a good way. if i would tell your sister to kill her self then you be saying what i'm saying. chill out with all that anger.

thanks rwdrift for the info. i'm thinking about an e30. i'm do some more reasearch and find out how much them aftermarket parts go for.

Test drive one, see if you can find someone that will let you kick it out some. You should be able to make an easier decision that way.

e30 gangsta said:

dumb ass all i said was yes ! and i should kill myself LOL you make me laugh, for you're information i say whatever the fuck i want and no i do not deserve to die but i think you should start contemplating it. if i should start killing myself you should already be dead.
if you want to talk and tell me sumthing you can pm me

:D

i've thought about e30's for a loooong time too but i got too many cars and my parents want to kill me as is. besides i know very little about them, i really like them though and have also looked into them. grrr if i would have never bought a reliable dd....haha. good luck with the hunt

LOL you guys are too funny and take stuff way too seriously. If looks could kill id be dead already. Drifting chick and 240sx man ill throw you the keys whenever you want hopefully it would aid you in your decision. good luck with the hunt.

Last edited:
e30 gangsta said:
LOL you guys are too funny and take stuff way too seriously. If looks could kill id be dead already. Drifting chick and 240sx man ill throw you the keys whenever you want hopefully it would aid you in your decision. good luck with the hunt.

dood fuck you captain queerface, lieutenant of the 42nd division dildo sniper squad

w00t yeah i know you love the cock and you wil help me kill myself.

Hey btw guys this is sfld dont take anything you read to heart. SFLD = hate on the boards love on the track. Its the way its always been.

Can't we all just get along?
riots.jpg

What's that you say? What happens to E-thugs in real life?
king.gif

OUCH
frankjude.jpg

HAHA, seriously people it's just the net. Funny though.

I had a e30 b4. A 89 325i to exact. The car made an excellent DD but....
1: It was slower then say a stock 96 Civic Sedan
2: The handling sucked. It was heavy and manuvered like boat.
3: It wouldn't go over 80 mph
In the other hand though
1: Tremendous amount of torque!!!
2: It's a BMW
3: Very bassy exhaust
4. Inline 6

Keep in mind these are my experiences w/the car. In the end, a 240 is much easier to build then the BMW.

Back
Top Bottom