shock and spring recommendations

jdmtech

NKOTB
Looking to lower my s13 anyone have any suggestions on some good lowering springs and shocks to use? Thanks!

Looking to lower my s13 anyone have any suggestions on some good lowering springs and shocks to use? Thanks!

Budget: KYB AGX with RSR or swift springs.

More money: Koni yellows and whatever springs you want

Still more $$$ Koni's with ground control spring kit.

Best: real performance coilovers. (not eBay coilovers like megan, ksport, etc etc etc)

Some people think that any coilover is better than a piece together kit, but its just not true. Ground control makes quality kits and is a legitimate performance suspension company, as well as making their own line of full coilovers.

As far as truly good coilovers you can just buy and put on: Tanabe sustec pro's or sustec DD, Buddyclub P1, AST, AdvanceDesign, and maybe HKS.

Beyond that, you are talking $5000+

spend a maximum of $200 on used shit with non blown shocks, order Godspeed sway-bars on e-bay. its a great street/beater spec drift set up, and costs less than your car.

theres many many many kits and combos out there...everyone on here has they're own oppion on thye best setup and coilover company. back in the day tein and tanabe was the hotness. now people thumb they're noses at them. it just boils down to your budget and seriousness of building a machine. theres plenty of good and really good companies out there.

example...some folks will say that 10/8 spring rate setup is to stiff for dd but others will say its just right. its all on what you want, can afford and can handle.

im using like 3 or 4 year old yellow konis with eibach sportline
and it rides sooo nice! im happy
but never drifted on them yet

blown oem shocks cut oem springs i roll like a gangster :bigthumbu

for real dont do that shit unless you got some serious balls and a comfy seat

i dont wanna thread jack or anything but its better than making my own and get flamed b/c theres already one thread about this.

ok my idea was to run kyb gas shocks and some lowering springs but the

most drop that ive seen are 2.5inchs. i do want a comfy ride and from wat

ive heard kybs and teins are good brands. but here comes my second

question. is there lowerings springs that go lower than 2.5 inchs cuz my goal

is to have a set up that wen i place my finger between the tire and fender.

my finger scrapes the surface of the tire and the fender or do u guys

recommed coilovers and also wats a good spring rate

im using like 3 or 4 year old yellow konis with eibach sportline
and it rides sooo nice! im happy
but never drifted on them yet

yea man thats my setup shit rides like fucking money. if you can spend the money get that setup it rides like a dream and slides awesome. or like i said before save money and get coilovers i know it sucks to be on stock ride height but it feels nice when you put quality parts on your car.

i dont wanna thread jack or anything but its better than making my own and get flamed b/c theres already one thread about this.

2.5 INCHES!!!!!!!!! nah brosky. show me where. 2.0 -2.1 is the lowest ive seen on springs and thats eibachs. i think your smoking that interweb-ganja homie. pic or it aint troof

Last edited:

good luck on that...
you cant get that low on springs unless you cut them or heat them... and if you do then its most probably gonna ride like shit... just get coils..:D

2.5 INCHES!!!!!!!!! nah brosky. show me where. 2.0 -2.1 is the lowest ive seen on springs and thats eibachs. i think your smoking that interweb-ganja homie. pic or it aint troof

thats what i was thinking.. sportlines drop the most.. (I had them) and its 2.2 front & 2.1 rear

Last edited:
yea ferget bout wat i said i was stretching the truth on that one or maybe smoking that interweb ganja ;). it was 2inch in the front and 1.75 in back. but with all that aside wat setup should i do and can anyone show me a pic of wat 2inch drop would look like

Mine with kyb agx struts and rsr springs
l_63cb240337b8fd08550eb1d07a07f6e0.jpg

damn now the drop in the back thats wat im lookin for.do u know how much its dropped in the back and the front..is it the same setup, if so why is it so high

Back
Top Bottom