S14 engine in S13

ZenkiS14

Luis R.
Driver
Im thinking of putting a 96 S14 KA in my S13. I know its going to be some work because of the ob1 - ob2 issue.

My question is, Is the work that bad that I should just get an S13 engine?

we've been doing that to my boy andys car. alot of unforseen problem
here afew things that you might want to know
you need an s13 distributor if you gonna run the s13 harness
TPS need to be changed or you'll be missing a plug
and getting spark to the distributor is our mission now

Get an s13 engine. trust me...I just put a 95 Ka in my s13 and i had to go through a lot. most parts are not compatible to the s13

wow i dont know what the helll problems you guys had, its very easy to get a s14 ka into a s13, i did it with no problems at all here are some tips

keep the s13 lower intake mani and bolt it up to the s14 upper, this will delete the secondary butterflys

keep the s13 distributer and install it into the s14 motor

if you are keeping the egr and shit, the plate on the back of the head that holds some vac lines will only be able to be bolted it up to 1 hole i belive.

obviously you will from now on need to get a valve cover gasket for a s14 motor, since the head mounts it in different places.

and thats it its really not that hard its pretty strait forward

wow i dont know what the helll problems you guys had, its very easy to get a s14 ka into a s13, i did it with no problems at all here are some tips

keep the s13 lower intake mani and bolt it up to the s14 upper, this will delete the secondary butterflys

if you are keeping the egr and shit, the plate on the back of the head that holds some vac lines will only be able to be bolted it up to 1 hole i belive.

obviously you will from now on need to get a valve cover gasket for a s14 motor, since the head mounts it in different places.

QFT.

MOst the time I just left the "Missing" Plug unplugged. Your ODB1 ECU doesn't know to look for it anyway.

You can run the S14 Dizzy if you mod the harness, but if you are asking these SIMPLE questions I suggest you use the S13 DOHC Dizzy

QFT x2.

I swapped an s14 ka into my s13 about 6 months ago. It was very easy. Almost all the parts are interchangeable except for the head / valve cover and distributor.

If you're getting a short block, the brackets for your power steering, AC, alternator etc all bolt up to the s14 motor, just use the s13 brackets for the s13 components.

Back
Top Bottom