s13 dash wrap-up

s0loWkooPi

Trolling hard since '09
Driver
So I'm thinking of by-passing the whole search for a "non-cracked dash" and decided to wrap my dash up. The question is: what material do I use? Glue? Has anybody ever tried this before on here besides secrets2k? Any input will be greatly appreciated.

yup. pillow fabric. sup.

fsdfdaf010.jpg

fsdfdaf009.jpg

fsdfdaf011.jpg

yeah, is there a write up on this? i want to wrap my dash with some crazy shit

i used 3m all purpose spray glue it holds up well if you clean surface right and use right material. i didn't use a heat gun i just sprayed and stuck the shit on, if you get a stretchy material unlike me it wont be hard but i had the least stretchable shit.

i just used a all purpose lysol cleaner on the dash i think let it dry and the door panels i think i used the same. dont use anything that leave a residue. i have never used headliner glue.

to do this the dash has to be free or cracks correct?or one can go just slapping on the fabric over the cracks?sorry if its a newb questions

the only reason i would wrap a dash is to cover up cracks. if i had a crack-less dash i dont think i would tarnish it with fabric.

flocking is also much harder then it seams, if your dash is cracked flocking it will show it. plus i dont think they make leopard flock stuff, but i could be wrong.

Yeah, I never look at something like this and say it will be easy, but I think they cover alot of the basics. As far as the cracks showing, I believe that it says that you have to take the crack out and essentially bondo(for lack of a better term) it and sand it smooth or else the imperfections will show. As far as the leopard flock goes, I pray to God they don't make it! LOL

i wrap my dash with fabric from walmart :) came out pretty god for a 1st try and i had help from a tpdrifter. cost me about 40buck in stuff with glue and material still got fabric left over to wrap my shift boot and door panels

0213111652a.jpg

0213111652.jpg

0213111653.jpg

Back
Top Bottom