S13 Coilovers

i actually have money to buy coilovers that i badly need for my s13 which i daily drive. now i have heard stance is by far the best but i have seen any under 1k. so i just saw megans and D2's at a more favorable price. now i want to know if these are worth it. are they as good as stance GR+? if not how good are they. if not stance what should i get? thank you.

Stance are meh, i didnt like the ride I had with them.

Megans are ok, the streets are kindy soft and the tracks are bouncy I didnt like either.

D2s are good coils, owned a pair traded them for my current setup.

^what you got now?

i liked my stance but with the spring rates i had (higher than they normally offered for my chassis).

i am getting a pair of BC racings soon. i heard good things from them.

megans also have good reviews from many different chassis so it seems to be a good combo as well as D2s.

there are plenty of coilovers sub $1k price range that are great for the money.

ive had tein,megan,and k-sport

megan>k-sport>tein

megans were the best i think
the k-sports are good but they dont get stiff enough for my liking

but if i were you i would get powered by max coilovers thats what im getting next

Last edited:
I did lots of reading since I wanted to buy some coils...from what I gathered I was thinking of : Power By Max, D-Max, Fortune Auto

At first I was set on Power by Max..great price and sounded good at 1st but they are 10k - 8k. Lots of people get them because they are the newest drift boi trend and they go ultra low, and say things like "this shit is mad stiff if you cant deal with them you are a pussy" :rolleyes:. I don't have a problem with 10k-8k but I wanted comfort and quality...imo just because something is stupid stiff or stupid low doesn't mean its higher performance. They do stand behind their product though and lots of people track them, I would definitely recommend them over Megans and they are in almost the same price range. They are also rebuildable in the U.S and you can get 6k springs if you want to run 8k-6k

Then I was set on D-Max but I did some reading and I don't know, for some reason I got turned away from them :confused:.

So then I was set on Fortune Auto 500 series coils. The reviews I read were very positive, and they also include dyno sheets with their coils which not many companies in the price range do. They are also rebuildable right here in the U.S for a very decent price. Over all I really liked what I saw and was about to pay for them when I was told it would be 1-2 months since they were back in stock :mad:. Oh yeah, they can also do custom rates so you can go with a 10k-8k or 9k-7k which is what I was planning on getting. Overall good impression and I would definitely have gotten them if they were in stock...ask the vendor tirepusher in Zilvia they had the best prices from what I was quoted!

I was patiently waiting but in the end I came across a sweet deal for some Tein Super Drifts...10k-8k but something tells me they'll ride nicer than PBMax ones with similar spring rate..:D

Last edited:
My buddy uses MR and he's beatin the hell out of them and there still good. I just slapped on some KTS and so far I like them. Some things I found weird about them(adjustment for front damping is on the bottom of the strut?!?! and the camber plates don't allow for full negative with out hitting the strut tower?!?!) but they perform well, they haven't been more then a couple days so I'm not sure how much I like them. The one thing I can say though is SPL customer service is awesome! I won't have a a good idea until they are broken in and abused more before I can say how good they really are.:confused:

well I've had tein supo drift , megan track and drivin many cars with d2's.. but I would say that D2's are more forgiving , megans are agressive my opinion a little too much for daily use , and Tein super drifts have giin my the best feed back when at the track playing with the damening. But it all depends on what kind of driver you are. pick one you can't go wrong with any of the one's you named and learn how to use them to your advantage.