s13 5 speed problems

slideways12

Spectator
my car is making a very loud noise when i put it in gear and lift the clutch. and also when i drive for a while it smells like a lot of gas.

is it a grinding noise?
might be bad syncro's
and the smell of gas could be a lot of things...
(fuel line leak, gas tank leak, running rich, etc)
check your fuel lines and take a look under your car see if theres any gas leaking
also are you using stock ecu?

yea bro oud noise check syncro;s and the gas smell lol check many thiny hing usually your lines are leaking just check them while the car is running so you can see where it leaks from

is it only make the sound in gear or when you let off on the clutch? if it makes the sound in netrual with the clutch disengaged then you have a bad throw out bearing, mine as well do the pilot bearing as well. if it makes the noise in gear, if makes the noise in all the gears then probably your input shaft bearing is bad, but if it makes the noise in only one gear then its a syncro in that gear or some other bearing. if its a bad input shaft bear or a syncro then throw the tranny away and get a good used one, not worth rebuilding them unless you plan on making some real power.

well, i seem to be having a problem with my tranny too. it quietly clicks and gets louder and faster the faster i go will happen in any gear any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom