Ryan Tuerck in a Scion FRS with Retaks and Air Force [RUMORMILL]

Wrecked Magazine

RyanTuerck-620x413.jpg

So this is complete speculation/guessing at this point but we have a good feeling that Ryan Tuerck will also be in a Scion FRS for the 2013 season. He is following after Otto Graven, Toshiki Yoshioka, and Tony Angelo who are all bringing BRZ/FRS to the track for new cars in 2013 but his comes with a big twist! The Scion FRS driven by Ryan Tuerck will be Chevrolet LS powered.

The second half of this rumor is that Retaks is being teamed up with Air Force to run Tuerck’s sponsorship for the 2013 season. A pretty large pickup for Ryan Tuerck who has lacked major corporate backing for 2012  while continuing to be a top performer. Ryan Tuerck wouldn’t confirm any of this so we could be all wrong but only time will tell!

More...

Did Oprah start handing out FR-S' to everyone? At this rate all the drivers will be battling against one another in Scion's.

I think there was a lot of flood damaged ones from sandy

^This. I believe he picked his up with flood damage, along with Tony Angelo and most likely a few more drivers.

But dang, an LS powered FRS...I figured it would happen eventually

Someone needs to drift a charger again.... dub it "the boat" and get the NAVY to sponsor them

Might as well make all the cars look the same with the same engines. You know, like that one racing Motorsport that just goes in a circle with left turns, what's it called?.......

im pretty sure not one FRS is going to have the same engine.

Also, there are only gonna be like 4 or 5 frs's next year. There are like 12 240's at each event.

What do you guys want to happen in Formula D?! Keep everyone in 20+ year old cars only make 350whp with an SR?

What do you guys want to happen in Formula D?! Keep everyone in 20+ year old cars only make 350whp with an SR?

I agree! To hell with the old and below 400hp cars! :chair:

On another note has anyone done a LS1 in a FRS yet? Ill google after this post lol :google:

Last edited:
I had 397whp last year. It sucked. so much.

If you gotta drive an old car, its what ya gotta do. Theres no reason people should be like upset that drifting is getting so big that people are able to get the funding to drive like pretty much brand new cars.

Either or. Drifting has like 3-5 years. In that time, its either gonna BLOW UP and get insanely huge, or its gonna start falling off. I honestly think its leaning more towards the blow up side.

Either or. Drifting has like 3-5 years. In that time, its either gonna BLOW UP and get insanely huge, or its gonna start falling off. I honestly think its leaning more towards the blow up side.

This year should be a big year for Formula Drift with the bigger tv deal from NBC Sports.
They just needs more viewers now so hopefully they will build a bigger fan base this year and really become the formula one or nascar of the drifting world.

This year should be a big year for Formula Drift with the bigger tv deal from NBC Sports.
They just needs more viewers now so hopefully they will build a bigger fan base this year and really become the formula one or nascar of the drifting world.

live broadcasting?

live broadcasting?

Not that I know of and I would doubt they would do that. Very few Motorsports events are live broadcast due to the events being all day events. Only big name sports do that. Tho formula drift has the drift stream if you wanna watch live.

I heard they have a deal with NBC Sports to do 30 shows over 32 weeks

Last edited:
Not that I know of and I would doubt they would do that. Very few Motorsports events are live broadcast due to the events being all day events. Only big name sports do that. Tho formula drift has the drift stream if you wanna watch live.

I heard they have a deal with NBC Sports to do 30 shows over 32 weeks

damn lol. yeah nascar and indy are the only ones i can think of that are live. i know about driftstream and theres the youtube, dailymotion, and something else live feed but those suck so bad

if they dont change the tv show they arent going to do much good. seriously.... 7 events... 30 shows? what the hell are they going to show?

if they keep cutting straight to top16, it hurts the sponsors appeal that support the rest of the competitive field. they also like to split up the SAME event weekend over more than one episode... wtf why> no "new" fan that happened to catch it on tv is going to be like oh next week ill watch and find out who won.

i hope there is something better in store because in years past the tv show while produced nicely, id rather watch the drift stream 99/100 times.

I don't think it's 30 separate shows, I THINK it's just going to be aired 30 times? Idk for sure though. It would be sooooo hard to make drifting a live event. Qualifying and top 32 would have to be pre recorded and then top 16 could be live. That would be rad.

Back
Top Bottom