RS-R Race Spring vs MeganRacing Lowering Spring

viral5523

Spectator
Allright, I was wondering if anyone has ordered the MeganRacing Lowering Springs for the S14/S13? I personally have the RSR Race Springs on KoniYellows and I love it, but it makes the car look a bit tall in the back. And I know, coilovers would resolve this but I can't afford it right now. Now I was looking for something to drop the car to a reasonable height without compensating the springrate. I thought about Eibach Sportlines but the spring rate is weak (near OEM). I didn't know megan racing made springs (thought it was just coilovers) for the S-chassis. If anyone have the MeganRacing Springs, what do you think of them?

Specs are:
Megan Racing Lowerings Springs MR-LS-NS14(S14/13)
Drop 1.75In. (F&R)
Springrate 350lbs/in(F) & 250lbs/in(R)
Color Orange
Price $135

RS-R Race Spring (S14)
Drop 1.4in.(F) 1.0in.(R)
Springrate 279lbs/in(F) & 235lbs/in
Color Black
Price $199

Assuming by the specs the MeganRacing Lowering Springs are better performance springs and cheaper? Like I said I really like the way the RS-R springs perform for being a Shock/Spring setup, I wouldnt want to buy the MeganRacing springs and then regret it. Opinion anyone?

Last edited:
i've had my rsr race springs(s13) for a while and i love them.

I think though getting anything stiffer would be really hard to find strut/shocks that can handle them properly. its all cool to say i have 40kg springs but if u dont have struts to dampen them properly it'll ride and handle like shit.

Like I previously said, i dont have the money to for the coils now and im sure it'll take a while to save up.

Now im completely satisfied with my current setup except for the fact it's so tall in the back. I have 17x9+19 wheels and there's an 1&1/2 gap between tire and quarter-panel.

I understand what your saying about it may be too stiff but is it really? I mean, my Koni's have performed awesome with the RSR Race Springs. The MRLowering Springs are stiffer but were not talking 450lbs/in.

Has anyone had both spring sets?

Last edited:
well if your only reason for changing the springs is ride height, going from a 1.4 inch drop to a 1.75 inch drop is less than half an inch, and with the springs being stiffer there will be less sag, making it took even smaller. coilovers are really not that much, i mean if you like megan you can get their coilovers for only 800, theyre not the best but theyre fine for a beginners setup

Like I previously said, i dont have the money to for the coils now and im sure it'll take a while to save up.

Now im completely satisfied with my current setup except for the fact it's so tall in the back. I have 17x9+19 wheels and there's an 1&1/2 gap between tire and quarter-panel.

I understand what your saying about it may be too stiff but is it really? I mean, my Koni's have performed awesome with the RSR Race Springs. The MRLowering Springs are stiffer but were not talking 450lbs/in.

Has anyone had both spring sets?

well if you dont have the money now then just keep the car as it and save up for them. i was on koni yellows and eibach sportlines for a little over 9 months and i loved them but nothing compares to coils man.

if your really that concerned with ride hight cut the springs but theres no way i would go from rsr's to megans thats just stupid

Wait, you're considering going from a quality Japanese-made product, to an inferior Chinese-made product for .5 of an inch??

BAAAAAAD PLAAAAAAAN!!

Put a speakerbox in your trunk and keep saving, cuz if you keep buying springs you'll never get coilovers.

or you can do the og low rider thing and put 50lb bags of concreate or sand in the trunk

I completely agree coilovers are better than any shock/spring combo, but one thing is to pay $1000 for decent coilovers and one thing is to pay $135 for springs. Im completely satisfied with my current setup, they perform well, and still in good shape. Before i waste $1000 on coilovers I rather buy other, more necessary things for my car.
I know coilovers are BETTER. I did not make this thread to ask if coilovers are better, I made it to ask if anyone has had both and if so, which was preferred.

i had lowering springs before and now i have coilovers too but he wants the rs-r to megans perspective... which is useless because like warren said no one would do that

I completely agree coilovers are better than any shock/spring combo, but one thing is to pay $1000 for decent coilovers and one thing is to pay $135 for springs. Im completely satisfied with my current setup, they perform well, and still in good shape. Before i waste $1000 on coilovers I rather buy other, more necessary things for my car.
I know coilovers are BETTER. I did not make this thread to ask if coilovers are better, I made it to ask if anyone has had both and if so, which was preferred.

Um there is by far 2 necessary vital uppgrades that you can do to your car wich wont be wasting money and that is:

Get coilovers, or Get a diff. Both of em are expensive, but its not wasting. So save the money man and get the damn coilovers.

Back
Top Bottom