quick question on startup.

S14chino

so i went to start my car the other day and it started...bogged and almost shutoff on me and its done it a couple times since. my clutch is pretty much gone and i thought it could be that and was wondering if i should change it. or if maybe its something else?

could be a vacuum line, maf sensor, fuel pressure, bad gas... uff tons of posibilities post details on the car :p and does it knock on accel or on idle ?

it only does it when i start it up then it bogs and goes back to idle and is fine its wierd. im gunna swap the clutch out and c wat happens.

Your clutch can be non existant and your car still start... what are you talking about?

it has nothing to do with the clutch... as long as the pedal is pushed in the car will start fine, and if the clutch is gone just put it in neutral...

it only happens on start up then it runs for a few seconds and it never happens again?

did you check your clutch pedal might be getting stuck.. ? or not engaging correct (off course if you still think is the clutch) .. i doubt it it is.. since engine start up has no conection to drivetrain wear. :p

yep i connected my clutch that i dont need 2 press it while starting up...but i would start checking spark and fuel as everyone has said...whens the last time u have done a tune up? could be a dirty fuel filter... mines was so dirty from previous owner that the fuel came out black... and i had similar probs u have troubleshoot and narrow it down

its not the clutch, check your injectors, fuel filter, cap and rotors and cables and spark plugs... lmao... Check for any vacume leaks... etc

Back
Top Bottom