Problems with speed bumps and ramps! please help

Tangelo

NKOTB
Ok I may have a civic but I just Daily with it and if it rains I occasionally drift for a little, but I have a problem that has occurred ever since I installed this aftermarket exhaust system. My car starts to scrap over speed bumps or ramps a lot more often and with speed bumps that are not even THAT big to begin with. The problem is obviously a lot worse with more people in my car. I know my cars pretty low as is and it doesn't help that its only slammed on lowering springs. I was hoping some one could help me with this problem although I'm pretty sure I might just raise my car a bit or try something else. Thanks for checking this thread out and plz dont be too brutal with the criticism. :(
view.php
[/IMG]

heres a picture http://pl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2l9ez8&s=5

Last edited:
Your car isn't even that slammed.
Try checking the hangers that hold your exhaust up and see if you can play with them to move your exhaust up more. I've seen cars lower than yours clear speed bumps.

Your doing it wrong drive over the shit at a angle your car isnt that low my s13 would get the frame stuck

look how low the exhaust sits and see if any hangers or bolts are missing.and if u own a honda or have honda friends, u gotta go over speed bumps the pro way. im way lower than u and i have HUGE bumps in my hood, i make over em. civics have really high frame rails too so its the exhaust.

my s13 is gunna b the same way when i get slammed. rite now im sitting low but not slammed. you can do two things... one deal with it and be lazy and just drive over in an angle. or what i am gunna do and take a portable blow torch and heavy gloves and blow torch the hangers and push them up with a stick or something so it doesnt hit. unless it hits where the muffler is which i would think. you still could get it up a lil higher. lmk how it goes or if you need help im there if its not far.

"slammed on lowering springs...." lol, and why you block your face out, hahaha check hangers, get new rims, and lower it more.

You have to pay to play. If it's such a problem, get rid of your "insert suspension modification/part here" (Cut springs, aftermarket springs, coilovers), and you won't ever have to deal with it.

Thanks guy, I've always known and tried to hit the bumps at angles but its sooo anoying at times. Whats the worst is the huge ramps going into some gas stations, I have it sitting on eibach springs but Im positive it is my exhaust. And I know it isnt SLAMMED but All my friends tell me its pretty low, Thanks for the advice and please keep it coming! :]

*Guys

Last edited:
Awwww common guys I had to drop my friend Andrea off today and Her complex is full of em and it was embarrassing hearing that shhhheerrkkkkkkkkah!!! :/ her face was priceless though lol

U got embarassed cuz of scraping? yea. sell the civic and get a yaris. alsoif a girl complains about the scraping like u...then she isnt for you. ditch her. my g.f loves that i scrap and get stuck in parking garages lol.

U got embarassed cuz of scraping? yea. sell the civic and get a yaris. alsoif a girl complains about the scraping like u...then she isnt for you. ditch her. my g.f loves that i scrap and get stuck in parking garages lol.

yeah if the girl doesnt like the scraping then she can gtfo

Back
Top Bottom