possible Keys Drift Event Location

kwkouki

YOUS TROLLIN!
Driver
As some of you all know my current choice in careers *if you dunno, ask somebody* I might be able to use it for a secure location. My agency runs a EVOC course for the road deputies (they teach you how to drive a car at really fast speeds, takedown manuvers, controlling a skid, slide, overcorrection, ect)

We hold this course on a VERY nice skid pad on the local military base. I am planning to create both a presentation and portfolio for both autocross and possible drift events. I have the autoX part on lock, however I would like some assistance with the drifting presentation. I want actual people who can show them how we run things.

This WILL NOT be a free for all, I am looking for skilled people who can present themselves prefessionally. I am using my status and career as an opening, I need to make sure this is taken care of with the utmost care.

I am looking for people who will be willing to take the trip down to the keys, help set up a course *since you will be running it, I want you to be comfortable with the track* and pretty much wow these people. To my best knowledge, we have absolutely NOTHING to hit *poles, trees, sidewalk, ect*

If all goes well, we will have an invitation on base to run events here. For those who help make this possible, I will comp you in to the first few events we hold. I honestly think we can make this happen. If you all are willing to make the trip, we can make great events.

My autoX group used to run this skidpad, its very well suited for drift. Please send feeback on this, I look forward to setting up something very soon

TJ

How long before you plan on making this presentation? How big is the skid pad (use google earth measurement feature)?

Would the people we are presenting to have any interest in this? Do we have to capture attention and pursuade the ignorant?

sounds good i would love to drive but, im pulling my motor out at the moment to make my swap.

I'm down for it TJ... and you know I always look dam professional even when I'm pulling a engine.. lol

240SicknessX said:
How long before you plan on making this presentation? How big is the skid pad (use google earth measurement feature)?

Would the people we are presenting to have any interest in this? Do we have to capture attention and pursuade the ignorant?

Long enough to show them consistency, different style, and what might and could happen in the event of a broken car. no access to google earth right now, I will get there and take pictures asap.

The only interest the base would have on this is the dollar sign. Security is an issue for them. We used to run there pre 9/11 with no problems. We havent been back since. We just need to show then that we can be

- self sufficient
- professional
- have support for multiple events

My portfolio will be pretty cheesy. Alot of "say no to street racing" and how if we have a secure place to do it, what little illegal activity we have here will be taken care of.

kwkouki said:
Long enough to show them consistency, different style, and what might and could happen in the event of a broken car. no access to google earth right now, I will get there and take pictures asap.

The only interest the base would have on this is the dollar sign. Security is an issue for them. We used to run there pre 9/11 with no problems. We havent been back since. We just need to show then that we can be

- self sufficient
- professional

My portfolio will be pretty cheesy. Alot of "say no to street racing" and how if we have a secure place to do it, what little illegal activity we have here will be taken care of.

Good stuff, Im assuming this presentation would take place on a saturday. Hows the skid pad surface, i know its a skid pad and not a public road, just wondering about quaility\ if its worth obtaining.

How many people would you want to do the drift segment of the presentation?

I have no clue on dates, not that far yet : ) Last time I was there, I remember the surface being gorgeous. Very even surface, autoXs were fast there.

I am thinking about 5-10 people for the presentation. Im looking for someone to lay out huge smokey, tons of rev limiting runs...... and less powerful little smoke, more toned down runs.

kwkouki said:

- self sufficient
- professional

664509302lrp1.jpg

eeek, not 10. I think that would be too many people IMO. Concentrate on 5 good drivers for the drifting, unless it was a combo of drift and autox drivers that would amount to 10, then okay.

Since it would most likely take place on a saturday, that would give us time before hand to go over the points that we would really want to touch on. Humm, creating a presentation? Power point? How many people are we going to be talking to? If i were you i would elect 1 designated spokes person for auto x and drift. Additional drivers for demostrations.

240SicknessX said:
eeek, not 10. I think that would be too many people IMO. Concentrate on 5 good drivers for the drifting, unless it was a combo of drift and autox drivers that would amount to 10, then okay.

Since it would most likely take place on a saturday, that would give us time before hand to go over the points that we would really want to touch on. Humm, creating a presentation? Power point? How many people are we going to be talking to? If i were you i would elect 1 designated spokes person for auto x and drift. Additional drivers for demostrations.

I agree 10 is a Mini event...

5 is a demo.

The cars need to look good.. none of the normal "one step removed from the junkyard" crap

Let me know if you need any help designing anything for your presentation.. My car isnt ready just yet, so i can try and help in another way.

yes, 10 people as in 5 drift/5 grip. My presentation will most likely be spoken to the sheriff, base officials, ect. The demo will be handled on site of course.

kenrik said:
The cars need to look good.. none of the normal "one step removed from the junkyard" crap

which is why you wont be on the demo, you will have to wait till we set up events :laugh:

kwkouki said:
which is why you wont be on the demo, you will have to wait till we set up events :laugh:

My car is all one color now... :mad: + I got da mad tyte JDM Esssss Arrrrrrrr

Vroom, Vroom Psssttt

my 2 biggest fears about this

1) from Miami, Key West is about 2 1/2-3 hrs away. I dont know if anyone wants to travel this far for an event. It would be a waste to set this all up and have people bail out because of travel.

2) I do not want to step on other event organizer's toes *DGTrials* I know Rob dropped OSW completely because of this. I do not wish to compete against anyone. I want a place to have another legal place for us to slide. I stand to make no profit on this, just what is needed to host events. Hell I will even let DGTrials take over so THEY can make money if possible : )

Rob dropped out of OSW because not enough people were going... And with DGtrials back it would only get worse.

With an event every month peoples cars start to breaks **** and money gets tight... attendence drops.

The DG trials Events are not a monthly thing right now so I don't see that as a problem... anyway it's 3 hours to orlando and 3 hours to keywest so either way... we gota drive.

Last edited:
get side mission dori gang they all look good and have very consistant lines/runs

I think I already have my people picked out. I have sent notices asking for their help. If they turn me down I will look for more people.

Awesome man. Lets put a portfolio together with pics and backrounds. For the demo part i would not mind taking some miltatary/ police officers for a couple of runs. Tj i have plenty ideas of how to make this happen. We will definaltly be in contact!

Back
Top Bottom