Photoshop Help.

Eh im pretty sure its easy for you photo shop people. I'm pretty photo shop dumb though so i'll leave it to you professionals. I basically wanna make an ipod type pic. You know, the colorful back round with the silhouettes. I gave up lmao so here are the pics. I'll add the text if i have to, but one says iLean and the other iStunt. Thanks in advance guys.
valentino_rossi_motogp_500cc_repsol.jpg

rossi-hrc-stand-wheelie.jpg

It'll probably be alot easier to do in illustrator seeing how that's vector art. Don't get me wrong pshop can do it, just not as easy as illustrator.

Man that's alot of layers for the poor boy. I think the most I was up to was something like 10 or so. File was close to a gig and my puter didn't like it at all.

http://yowtf.deviantart.com/art/Painting-the-city-79765124

300+ layers and counting :D

you'll be better off with layer masks... go into "quick mask" mode and select the normal paint brush... you'll start painting and things will start to turn red, CALM DOWN its ok... thats the mask you are painting! when you switch out of "quick mask" mode it will generate a selection out of what you painted.. save this as a new channel for later use!

are you guys seriuos i can do this in 5 min. without layermasks. What color you want the back ground in each pic.

http://yowtf.deviantart.com/art/Painting-the-city-79765124

300+ layers and counting :D

you'll be better off with layer masks... go into "quick mask" mode and select the normal paint brush... you'll start painting and things will start to turn red, CALM DOWN its ok... thats the mask you are painting! when you switch out of "quick mask" mode it will generate a selection out of what you painted.. save this as a new channel for later use!

is that just brushes on multiple layers? layer masks are good to remove logos and what not from images.

yeah its just painted with the wacom on an insane amount of layers.. i just use heal/clone stamp to remove logos and jargon... sas lol magic wand? thats a whole lotta different colors what are you going to use? ahhh.. lasso ftw!

ill do the other one later
iLean.jpg

wacom tablet pwns all and lasso tool sucks. I need a new monitor bad its gettin mad blurry to do shit like this.

Last edited:
im gonna do a warhol-esq collage with this that pic.. nice touch on the iLean im gonna have to bite that once i get someone to take a picture of me with my knee down!

if you read the orginal post he asked for the ilean thing. Note to unfazed305 if you tell anyone i did it ill kick your ass lol but for real i can get sued like hell cause that format is copryrighted and trademarked by apple.

if you read the orginal post he asked for the ilean thing. Note to unfazed305 if you tell anyone i did it ill kick your ass lol but for real i can get sued like hell cause that format is copryrighted and trademarked by apple.

alot of people do that, i dont see why u would get in trouble

The design format is apples intilectual property and you can't use it without apples permission. Most places you see it are done with there permission.

iStunt.jpg

its falls under "fair use: parody" as long as its not being used to market another product (like iStunt training wheel kit) or the design itself (iStunt tee-shirts) i know this because i got in trouble for putting this design on shirts...
SKITTLES.jpg
front
SKITTLES_BACK.jpg
back
CEASE AND DESIST BITCH :(

Last edited:
trust a good one of my friends made a design when we were in school and apple made him turn over all relating files or he faced a hell of a law suit. I dont know what they teach you at full sail but we had to go through three classes on intilectual property and copyright infringment to graduate. I can tell you right off the bat that shirt wouldn't fly because you didn't alter the design enough.

are you kidding? i knew what i was doing, i just wanted to see how long it would take to get noticed.. 24hrs :) No one even wanted to print them! like i said.. as long as you arent selling them and the pass the laugh test.. you're good.

you did it as a joke i get that but im saying from a professional artist stand point. Ive been freelancing as a graphic designer for over 4 years now and ive had clients request things like that and ive turned down the contracts cause i dont want to put myself in that kind of situation. anyways we need to stop tread jacking LMAO

I was thinking something different when I said it was going to take a long time. I just glanced over his post and was thinking he wanted something like this. That's why I said use illustrator instead of pshop.

design1.jpg

^i knew what you were talking about and yes thats all illistrator i can do it in photoshop but theres no point. That pic isn't vector art though thats just a filter cutout in photoshop. which takes like two seconds if you balance out your contrast and level properly.

Back
Top Bottom