Painting the S14....

I'm about to paint my S14 'Zenki' and have been under deep thought as to which direction I should go. The factory color is Ruby Red Metallic, and after seeing a couple nice condition ones online I've considered just respraying the factory color. I would prefer to go with a nice mineral gray metallic but a full color change isnt cost-effective right now. With that in mind, I'm sticking to the red, or a variant of it.

Here is a couple images of the current state of the car:
wheels3.jpg

wheels1.jpg

wheels2.jpg

Now, I can be simple and boring, being that this is my daily driver / weekend fun car and just paint it Ruby Red Metallic and be done, or I can look for an alternative metallic red with more flake/pearl or get crazy and go for a design, etc. I'm kinda looking for ideas as to what might look good, and maybe stand out a bit more without being rediculous looking. The Mopar D1 Viper that Samual Hubinette use to drive has a interesting red camo paint scheme that I've considered as it isnt too outlandish but it definately stands out and attracts attention.

Let me know what you think, I've got a good bit of time to consider this as I havent bought any paint yet and still have to prep the car. I'll be doing all the paint and bodywork myself at my friend's shop.

~Kris

man i have the same white **** on my roof of the car, i think its an all burgendy 240 thing, but why do you have a white trunk did u get it for the spoiler, would u happen to still have the trunk with out a spoiler if u do i would trade you for my burgendy trunk with the spoiler let me know asap plz

alibaba said:
man i have the same white **** on my roof of the car, i think its an all burgendy 240 thing, but why do you have a white trunk did u get it for the spoiler, would u happen to still have the trunk with out a spoiler if u do i would trade you for my burgendy trunk with the spoiler let me know asap plz

Yea, the ruby red, black and blue/green are notorious for clearcoat burn, even more than the lighter colors. Mine got so bad that it just flakes away if you run across it with your fingernail.

I originally didnt have a spoiler, but my friend had a white S14 shell to which I got the fender and 'SE' trunklid from. My trunklid went on the shell and the entire car was takne to a shop in Orlando to be stripped. The guy that has the car now is pretty unreliable but I'll try to see if I can get mine back -- I'd prefer a originally red spoiler lid to the white one, as painting the underside would be more unnecessary work.

~Kris

yea my trunk is perfect its just got sum white **** from the clear coat on the out side but ur getting it painted over anyways

go with sumthing that isnt a factory color is my 2 cents...i mean look at my car..u dunt c a bright blue sil80 evryday do u? hehe

i say leave it the same just more clear and a little flake cause unless your pulling the motor and ALL the panels its gonna look s.h.i.t.t.y. one way or another and otherwise is gonna cost you.....

my friend recolored his car by painting the door jams and trunk but not the engine bay but whenever you opened it ewww...and you could always see hints of the original color here and there...nasty

Back
Top Bottom