overheating only when AC is on????

got240?

hey guys,

i have a 97 240sx with a sr20det in it. im having a problem when i have the AC on the car starts to over heat slowly but it creeps up to where im not feeling safe.

i have a FMIC on the car so i was thinking this might be stoping alot of the air comeing in to cool the condencor. i removed my front bumper and got on 95 and did about 65 70mph. after about 30mins driven the car started to over heat alittle not as much as it does with the bumper on.

i got off 95 to return home again drving 65 70mph and this time i left the ac on. the temp im reading is the stock temp gauge. the temp the whole way home the was at the line before the H. if you have a 97 gauge cluster you will know what im talking about.

that seems to be running hot to me. im running Flex-A-Lite fan in the car right now and i dont no the cfm that they run at. i was thinking to get bigger cfm fans hoping this will stopt he over heating problem.

i had 5 diffrent proformance shops look at this and everone is stomped on this. i spoke to enjuku and they said this is commen problem for the 97 sr20s. i was told by 2 diffrent people to run a 2nd set of fans inbetween the rad and intercooler pushing out.

i would like to try and fix this with that route. if theres anyone out there that has or had this problem please help me fix this. the florida sun is just killing me.

i also removed the thermostat out of the car and still no luck. i want to put my thrmostat back in once i fix this problem. anyone please can help im be here listening cause im going crazy.

i think my next step will be to remove the intercooler and see this that stops the over heating problem. if it does then i know my intercooler is to big and blocking all my air folw.

thanks all.

if you have no condensor fan theres your problem. im sure the flexalites dont pull enough for both the rad and condensor. the condensor gets very hot. run a fan infront of the condensor inbetween it and the intercooler. and that should solve it.

also just off the top of my head. is it a s13 sr20? because the coolant temp sensors are different from s13 to s14. youd need to run a s14 temp sensor.

Hit up Infected. He has a shop in Pompano not too far from you, and he might be able to fix your shit for a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom