open diff and other Q.

so i have a question as u all know i have been having a problem with the j30 and well its still acting up. i want to know if all open diffs are the same meaning they act the same. i ask this beacuse with my old one i was able to drift and im thinking of going back just till i can afford something good. but my question was if all open diffs are the same or are some more stubbor than others? ans one last question arnt j30 longer gears and am i not supposed to have a higher top end or feel my car slower? i ask this beacuse my 5 gear has more pik up thatn usual and wen im just on the high way at crusing speed no flooring no nothing at about 70 mph im about 4500 to 5000 way higher than with my open diff. any one with suggestion im open to them lmk wat u think and wat i should do.

did you get a j30 or a 180sx lsd? and mileage and abuse determines the diff, but in stock form yea they were all the same

Florida 240s got a special version of the open diff which only allows them to drift to the left (ovals) :D

i suggest

just fuck the bullshit, just go for a welded dif bro, i ve had mine for about a year and a half , since i dont have coil overs it allows me to go crazy with my stock shit, go for it.

Last edited:
bigiepigie said:
just fuck the bullshit, just go for a welded dif bro, i ve had mine for about a year and a half , since i dont have coil overs it allows me to go crazy with my stock shit, go for it.

why did you post a pik of your LEAKY diff???? lol

nd He cant get a welded cus THe car is a DAILY DRIVER> and

Welded diff + cheap tires+ crap suspencion+ rain+ any speed over 50MPH = CRASH!!!!!!

so welded is not an option right now!!!

i tested the car myself and it BARELY locks up. like EWWWW ridiculous....is ti maybe cus the car is a stock single cam?
do j30s need more power than that?

also. when we changed the GUTS from the j30 to the open pumpkin the diffs looked exaclty the same. shouldnt they look a lil different?... IDK>
i never do GUT SWAPS>

Any imput on this DAN>??????????????

yeah dan seems to be the diff guy... welded not yet not till i have a reliable daily .. i dunno it so odd that it locks out the hole and second but wen u slide i just understeer crazyyy..my left front tire gets white around like if it were a back tire... and sometimes that tire smokes just a little .. so dam complex i think im just wait and get a real 2way.

Back
Top Bottom