NISSAN SILVIA S16... maybe

Juan Henao

Obi Juan, AKA xero240
Driver
I hope it comes out and that we get it. I found this wile looking for the next S chasis, I like the motor choice.

s16.jpg

Last edited:
That's a photoshop of a Skyline (G35).

FWIW, last rumor I heard about a possible Silvia was a VQ powered mini-z of sorts. I wish an S16 were true. :(

Tonymac said:

FWIW, last rumor I heard about a possible Silvia was a VQ powered mini-z of sorts. I wish an S16 were true. :(
still I will like to se a SR20VET motor in the next silvia. fuk that I will like to see another silvia.

Tonymac said:

not true... this is accually a concept of the next s16 silvia... its not decided yet if they wanna still continue with the S chassis, if they do, this is the model!!!! i had to do research in my automotive design class because i wanted to design the next s16, then i came to find out this is already the concept of it!!!!

i did some research and i come to find out that this image came from a japanese magazine with rumors saying that it will look like this, it is a photochop because i looked closer to the left headlight... it looks too fake, but this is a well photochop of an acual concept of what it might look like... they are making it a sr20vet for emmission purposes... but i do apologize, the photo is a fake.... :bigthumbu

Fake or not. If Nissan makes an s16 that looks fairly close to that concept picture w/a sr20vet and a price tag of around $26,000 or under I would buy it immediatly. I think I would not be the only one. Please Nissan, bring back the s chassis :bigthumbu

AKsamuraiS14 said:
i did some research and i come to find out that this image came from a japanese magazine with rumors saying that it will look like this, it is a photochop because i looked closer to the left headlight... it looks too fake, but this is a well photochop of an acual concept of what it might look like... they are making it a sr20vet for emmission purposes... but i do apologize, the photo is a fake.... :bigthumbu

Where do you get your info? The only real Silvia concepts and official Nissan rumors were based of the XVL chassis (350z, Skyline, GTR), looked nothing like this, and were rumored to use a VQ series engine. This was all back around 2003. That pic started circulating around 2000. SR20VETs were put in JDM X-Trail GT's.

It'd be nice, but I think we will be seeing these lightweight sports cars coming back soon. The new sports cars nowadays are doing very well, and it's giving room for a more diverse range of sports cars.

Who knows, time will tell. It would be nice to see a new S chassis though.

AKsamuraiS14 said:

i think its ass ugly but yo were are u taking automotive design classes??? D.A.S.H.???

Bleh, I can't find them. Anyway, most rumors and sketches and photoshops like this come from a magazine called Holiday Auto in Japan. Sometimes they're accurate, most of the time they are not.

well it has 1st gen G35 17s on it, an SR20VET motor would be the shit, but i highly doubt it will be called an S16 and 280hp? HA way to close to the 350Z even witht he new VQ37.

this is what id like to see, an S13 coupe look alike, with the NEW QR25DE, and get rid of the ugly ass new sentra i mean wtf? if the new sentra sells id liek to slap the shit out of the people who buy them there ugly as sin the ser version looks like crap also the only good thing is the motor. 200hp at 6,600 rpms and 180ftlbs. at 5,200 rpms theres nothing wrong with that motor, has the same hp output as a redtop sr, all aluminum so theres no iron vrs aluminum block war crap, and its extremely mass produced with the altima....the only thing is nissan has the ugliest interiors from about 2000 and later there starting to get MUCH better now witht he altima and the new 07 titan but there acctual design of the interior is ugly.

the versa is the low budget car now what the sentra usto be.

Back
Top Bottom