Need some help with this...

vbgambini

Im in need of some help here. Is there a way of converting a degree of camber to inches?

For example, if there was an inch from the sidewall of my tire to the fender and I add a degree of camber, will that be an inch? So that means it will rub? Im asking because Im going to be getting some coilovers soon and before I take it to get it aligned I want to make sure i have enough room to the fender so I dont have to run too much negative camber. In the rear especially. If I dont then i will have to pull my fenders out a little more before I take it to get it aligned. I just want to get as close to spec as possible.

This will make this question much easier what size wheel what offset and what size tire. It will be easier for people to tell you if it will fit.

But yes technically you could figure out in inches what a degree of camber would equal on your wheel by using Pythagorean theory or what ever that was we learned in geometry to help you determin the sides of a triangle your triangle will be how ever tall your wheel including tire is from center to top the other side will be at what ever angle it is that your alignment is away from the first line it will be the same length now all you have to do is figure out the missing side.

Now that is a really simple way to figure it out But it won't be exact because offset plays a role in the arch of the top the wheel makes when you add or take away camber but it should give you a pretty close idea

diagram.jpg

http://www.negative-camber.org/jam149/technical/alignment.html

If you mess with the equation you get tan(degrees of camber)*length of rod=distance from fender

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom