Need opinions

Well they dont make coilovers for my old *** car, not even TIEN which has been around even before my car. My only option for suspension are Tokico springs and shocks. Now I plan to drift my car so I was wondering if Ill be good for drifting with the Tokico springs and just the Tokico HP shocks or spend the extra dough and go with the Tokico Illlumina adjustable shocks.

dude, i dont want to deter you from drifting, but why drift such a rare and beautiful car like the 280Z those are harder to come by than hachis. why not get some other car to start?

DUDOCIUS said:
dude, i dont want to deter you from drifting, but why drift such a rare and beautiful car like the 280Z those are harder to come by than hachis. why not get some other car to start?
Dude Ive already tried, BTW my first car was supposed to be a 240sx but my dad had bought the Z for himself a few years back and I asked for it... (NO LIE he said he bought it for dirfting! I was dam you should have bought a 240sx!!!) Ive tried to sell but I wont get more than 2K for it so w/e...Datsun Drift. Oh and I know you will be able to sleep at nite when I tell you its a '83 S130 280zx (which is not that sexy or rare as >) not a S30 280Z. I only put 280Z in my SN cuz the 280Zx is the 280Z in JDM land! But yeah so just get the regular High Performance struts or go with the Adjustable Illuminas? Here in case I explained bad heres some pics.

nakayama-s30_img_006.jpg
<This is a S30 240Z but the USDM S30 280Z is the exact same but with different signal lights and bumpers

hayakawa-hs130_img_002.jpg
< S130 280zx AKA 280Z in Japan (way more common, way more slower and heavier) This isnt my Z BTW

Last edited:
Damn! Cant anyone tell me whats better? I need to buy need parts soon! I BeZ Riding On Dem Shot sprIngs n ShOCks yo. No seroiusly need some input, my friends in real life arent that great of drifters let alone experts like you guys!

Well I dont have the kind of money to be ordering custom coilovers, just wondering if I can drift ok wiht non adjustable Tokico shocks, and since a chinese girl in a RX8 totally F'd up my car last night...im really low on cash...

dude I havent heard good things about illuminas actually some people I know with S12's hate their sets they are too soft and they seem to blow out easily. I'd get ground controls and konis like anthony said. The ground control's allow you to choose your spring rate and ride hight and cornerweight your car (if you can find scales) the konis are nice smooth reliable shocks just dont up the spring rate to high. maybe 275lbs/in fronts with 250lbs/in rears would probly be a decent base setup to tune with. do you know the stock spring rates of the 280Z ? also the weight distribution would be helpful.

Once you have a good base setup then you can tune the understeer oversteer characteristics with your anti roll bars. also Polyurathane bushings work wonders on an old car and would actually be the first thing that I would do to the car. Stiff suspension + 23 year old soft rubber bushings = not as good as it should be.

if you have some more specific questions feel free to ask, I am going with a similar set up with My project S12 right now. Im going with ground control coilovers and swift springs with KYB AGX shocks in the rear with GR2's up front until I can buy a used set of front s13 coilovers. I already have the3 polyurathane bushins installed.

Back
Top Bottom